Posts by month
Posts by category
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I have been spending a lot more time online the last couple of weeks, which is something that I’d imagine many of you are also doing, and I feel like I am seeing more ads than I usually do. It is completely possible that more time online = more ads, but I do think that it is very possible that many retailers are increasing their online presence in response to us all being stuck at home. Either way, I have a constant low level thrum of anxiety all day every day, and all of these ads are making it really difficult to not indulge in one of my not-so-great self-soothing behaviors, stress shopping. In an effort to distract myself, I’ve created a wishlist of some of the items I am finding particularly alluring right now.
- White Dogwood Enamel Pin – Seniman
- Cat Pocket Tote – Triple T Studios
- Starry Glasses – Where Light
- Kitchen Witch Shirt – Hedge Witch Homebody
- Galaxy Watch – Stardust Watches
- Amethyst Geode Bath Bomb – Tamed Wild
- Girlboss Ring – Gemandi Jewelry
- Professional Temporary Tattoos – Tattist
- Dress Pants Yoga Pants – Betabrand
I am REALLY considering those star speckled frames; they are so cute, and honestly, I could use a pair of back up frames to keep at the office. Likewise, I am getting very spoiled wearing comfy clothing all day every day, and those “dress pant yoga pants” would definitely make the transition back into work wear a little easier.
Things have been a little crazy in the world lately, and we have all found ourselves having to adjust to a new way of life. Here is what’s going on in the Bucior household currently:
Reading – I have been working my way back through the Rocktown Series by Kelley Armstrong. There have been five books so far, and I am really enjoying the escapism that this vividly written mystery series provides. I’m not saying that I have any interest in living off the grid in the Canadian wilderness, but it is a lot of fun to read about.
Listening – To my cat Zo snore, he is currently curled against my feet while I type. It’s very sweet, but he is glued me all day every day, and yeah…I could use maybe a little teeny tiny bit of extra space. I would also enjoy being able to stretch out on my own damn couch. Just saying.
Wishing – That I could find a little more motivation. I am doing my best to stay busy and get things done around the house, but honestly it’s hard to keep things going. Most days I want to just curl up under a pile of cats and blankets and watch Netflix all day. And I am doing a little of that, but my current deal with myself is that I can do that as long as I am doing laundry or getting up and cleaning or putting things away during commercial breaks or in between episodes. It looks like we might all be housebound for a while, and a wonderfully clean house would make things a little nicer.
Trying – Burlesque dancing! Fannie Sinclair is offering free online classes on Monday nights during the quarantine. I took my first class last night. I haven’t done any sort of class like that since college, and while I definitely have a LOT to learn, the routine was fun and very beginner friendly. If you’re interested in giving it a try too, you can tune in next Monday on her Instagram Live.
Smelling – Dinner in the oven. One positive (?) thing about this situation is that it has helped us get back into the routine of cooking at home more. Eating out was so easy, but with even take out being a bit dodgy, we’re both more comfortable utilizing the contents of our fridge. Will this trend last once things go back to “normal”? Who knows, but as of today, my house smells kind of amazing.
This week has been a much needed break from the relentless Florida heat. The overcast skies and sporadic showers have dropped the temperature to the mid 80’s and added a lovely breeze that blows away the opressive blanket of humidity that settled over Tallahassee during May. I actually paused for a moment after I walked out of the office yesterday and just closed my eyes and took a deep breath. The I got in my car a drove home because it was Friday and the weekend was calling. As I write this my outdoor kitty is sunbathing tummy in the air and I am trying to convince myself that it is time to get up and get things done. In case you want to procrastinate a little more, here are some links to help you out.
I cannot wait to dive into some of these Trader Joe’s new seasonal items. It counts as “grocery shopping” right? I’m just being responsible.
A friend gave me some coffee sugar scrub cubes for my birthday and now that they’re all gone I am considering making some for my self with the added bonus of a little aroma therapy.
I am having an exceptionally difficult time falling asleep lately. An internet search yielded these tips and I plan on trying a few of them out tonight. *fingers crossed*
There is always a reusable straw in my purse these days, and I definitely think that I can easily work a few more of these eco-friendly items into my domestic routine.
I am a bit fan of services like Uber, especially when I am traveling, but it is true that you never know what you might hear when you get into that car.
I don’t normally spend a whole lot of time in the sun, but you better believe that if I decide to hit the beach or the pool I will have one of these extra pool floats in tow.
Image from here.
Hello friends! As the summer solstice looms closer, our daily routines change to accommodate the higher temperature, the sunshine, and, if you live in the south, the humidity. Since Florida hits “summer” by mid April, I’ve been assembling my line up for a while now and I wanted to share some of the items that I have enthusiastically added to may daily routine.
1. Native Deodorant – a friend of mine turned me onto Native products earlier this year and so far I’ve tried their body wash and deodorant. The body wash is perfectly fine, but I am kind of obsessed with the deodorant. I’ve tried four of the different scent options so far. My current favorite is the Coconut Vanilla, which is perfect for summer. It might seem a little strange to be so into deodorant, but it’s something we use daily and finding a product that I enjoy using vs. merely tolerate? It’s really nice. I’ve actually gifted a few to friends and family. Bonus, they make small travel size deodorants so you can get a few minis to find which scent is best for you.
2. Quay Australia “My Girl” Sunglasses – these sunnies were in my spring my Fab Fit Fun box (I now have a subscription to the service) and I am kind of in love. I have never NEVER purchased sunglasses that cost more than $20 and I honestly thought that pricier frames were kind of a scam. I was wrong, so wrong. These bad boys retail for $55, more than my entire Fab Fit Fun box, and if they broke tomorrow, I would replace them without batting an eye. I have so many funky pairs of sunnies, but I have been using them less and less because these are so comfortable and pretty much everything I could ever want out of a great pair of sunglasses. I’ve let other people try them on and I think I’ve actually convinced 3(ish) people to get their own pair. I really should be getting some sort of commission at this point.
3. Dr. Brandt No More Baggage – I have had issues with undereye pretty much my entire life, but things escalated after I turned 30 and I had to start caking on the concealer and foundation just to look “normal”. This item also showed up in my spring Fab Fit Fun box and after a week there was a noticeable difference. I’ve been using it for almost two months now and I no longer use concealer on my under eyes. I still put on a bit of foundation, but only because I am putting it on the rest of my face anyway. Now I am not going to say that it has removed ALL of the discoloration and puffiness, but it is mostly gone.
4. Neutrogena Age Shield Face – my mother in law put one of these in my Christmas stocking this year and I was neither pleased nor displeased to get it. I mean, I am super pale and sunscreen is always a good idea, but I didn’t really need something like this in my daily routine. Fast forward to a couple of months ago where the skin on my face was inexplicably dry and I was trying EVERYTHING to fix it. I tried this because nothing in my drawer was working and it’s been fantastic. I put it on my face right after I shower and let it soak in for about 15 minutes before putting on makeup and my skin hasn’t looked this good in years.
5. Wet Brush Silver Swirl Detangler – I have super fine habitually color treated hair and tangles are, frankly, inevitable. I was wasting time in Ulta and I saw this brush that made the bold assertion that it magically eliminates tangles in all types of hair. I mean, it didn’t say it quite like that, but you know what I mean. I needed a new brush anyway, so I purchased this brush basically because I wanted it to not work so I could be righteously indignant and I could dramatically complain about yet another “amazing” brush that was absolute crap. You know what? The damn thing works. I would be mad if it wasn’t so nice to brush my hair without ripping half of it out.
The other day, I found myself browsing online, trying to find something to hang in my kitchen window to take advantage of all of the the spring sunlight that has been pouring in lately. Halfway down the Pinterest rabbit hole, I found this video about Janel Woo and her spectacular stained glass. Janel discovered her passion for stained glass while she was learning jewelry making. Her pieces blend traditional glass fusing techniques with modern shapes. One of the things I liked best about her work is how she played with color and texture but still managed to create clean, minimalist shapes.