25 was a really big year for me, got married, bought a house, adopted the naughtiest orange kitten ever…. But as Andy and I were discussing the “what’s next” of our life together, mostly when we want to have kids, I kept coming up with things that I wanted to accomplish before we take the next step. Being the awesome husband that he is, Andy suggested that we shelve the baby talk for a year-ish, so we can get in shape financially and emotionally. He also suggested that I take some time to come up with specific goals and make a timeline for when I want to accomplish everything. So here it is, my goals for the next year. 26 things I want to accomplish before or by the time I turn 27.
Make and keep a weekly schedule
- Learn how to french braid my hair – tried a few times, but only ended up with knots in my hair. Will try again next year when my hair is longer.
Go antiquing once a month*Was not budget friendly…
Create business cards Try 12 new restaurantsMarie Livingston’s
Cluster & Hops
The Melting Pot
Coosh’s Cajun Cafe
Jonah’s Fish & Grits
Wild Greens Cafe
- Launch my Etsy site – Ran out of time/money, moved to next year
Learn to use liquid liner
- Make myself a dress – Forgot
- Lose 30lbs – Probably lost 30 pounds all together, but it has pretty much been lose 5 lbs, gain 5lbs, lose 2 lbs, gain 3lbs….
Post on my blog 6 days a week Learn how to make french Learn to make frosting and cake from scratch. PINK HAIR PURPLE HAIR
- Travel outside of the US – We had to come up with $7000 to remove “dangerous” trees from or yard, so there really wasn’t the resources for travel.
Master the smokey eye
Find a perfume that Andy and I both like Yoga twice a week Plant an herb garden Road trip
Red Lipstick Wednesday Define my personal style, donate everything else to charity Celebrate one of the big holidays in the new house Try candy making Have a monthly adventure
- Be more visible in my blog – still working up to having my picture taken
Do a sketch every day Savannah trip with Andy
Some of these things are obviously more serious than others, but I think it’s important to include a few small easier to achieve goals to keep from feeling like things aren’t getting done. And don’t worry, i’ll keep you guys in the loop.
Image from here.