We all knows what today is. We all know. And to be completely honest no matter my status, this day almost always leaves me feeling inadequate in some way. So how about we take this year off and give some serious attention to the relationship we most often neglect, the one with ourselves. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Buy yourself a little something. A pair of shoes, a new phone case, overpriced yet gorgeous flowers, whatever makes you feel special.
- Get a pedicure. Start your self care from the bottom up and try out a new polish while you’re at it.
- Don’t feel like paying for your primp? Grab one of those single use face masks (or DIY one), and paint your own nails.
- Watch a movie. Pick your favorite genre, hit up Red Box, Netflix, or Target, and grab a movie watching treat while you’re at it.
- Take a bath. Light a candle, throw in a bath bomb, do the whole damn thing, and luxuriate in scented, bubbly bliss.
- Journal. Take some time to really check in with yourself and work through where you are in your current journey, then spend some time thinking about where you want to go and how your going to get yourself there. Write out some steps and make plan.
- Roll out the mat and do some yoga or meditation. I have been really enjoying some of the routines by Yoga With Adriene, and I have no doubt she’ll have exactly what you need.
- Clean out your closet. We all get bogged down with clutter from time to time, and it can be incredibly freeing to shed all that extra weight.
- Color. Find yourself a nice clean page, your favorite crayons or color pencils, and kick it old school for an evening.
- Read a book. Pull out an old favorite or lose yourself in something new. Lose yourself in a literary adventure for one.
Extra points for adding chocolate and or ice cream to any of these activities 😉