I saw 11 Things posted on The Paper Mama, and it seem like a lot of fun. So here we go:
1. Are you a cat or dog person? Or, bird person?
Cat person, without a doubt. I love other animals, but cats are hands down my favorite.
2. What was your favorite food as a kid? Is it the same, or has it changed as an adult?
Mac’N Cheese. I still love it; it is the ultimate comfort food. A little unhealthy, but oh so good.
3. What is your favorite hobby?
Reading. I read dozens of new books every year, but I also have my favorites like the Secret Garden or anything written by Sarah Addison Allen, that I read over and over.
4. If you HAD to move to a different state (or country) where would it be?
Washington, I love my Seattle peeps.
5. Are you a winter or summer person?
I am very much a winter person. I love cold weather and all the things that come with it. Warm beverages, cozy sweaters, fires in the fireplace… Plus, Florida gets crazy, stupid hot and muggy in the summer, and I burn very easily. I once got a sun burn on my arm in the 15 minutes it took me to drive home. Kind of kills any love I would have for the warmer months.
6. What makes you happy?
A lot of little things actually, glittery shoes, bunnies, fluffy blankets, new pencils, nail polish, flowers…this could take a while.
7. What is the weirdest question you’ve ever been asked?
When I got my nose pierced years ago, I had a lady ask me if that meant I was a lesbian now. I think I might of missed something in the fine print on that waiver form I signed.
8. If you had to go on an adventure, with elves, dwarves, or hobbits, who would you take and why (question found here)?
Hobbits, they understand the need for second breakfast and elevensies.
9. You are at a rural retreat lodge somewhere deep in Wisconsin or Canada. You are approached by a taxidermist who hands you a stuffed badger and asks you to put it in your lap. What do you do next (question found here)?
Pray that the badger was a right bastard, or that he was some sort of former badger bandit that actually deserved to be killed and stuffed vs. something killed and stuffed for sport. I’d then politely ask why he was handing me a badger, secretly hoping that it was so he could fish his car keys out of his pocket and that it wasn’t a gift of some sort.
10. What was your first job?
My first official job was working in accounting office at an insurance brokerage, but when I was very small, my dad would take me to work with him, and I would get to help scrape paint off of old planes and keep track the tiny screws he removed from the different panels as he took things apart. I also occasionally got to help change the spark plugs and hand him various tools. Some very important big girl stuff.
11. What is your favorite utensil?
Spork, it does it all.
Now do you own 11 things and leave your answers to the questions in the comments!*if you don’t want your answer posted for everyone to see, just make a note and i’ll leave them listed as “private”.