This weekend I finally got around to downloading all of the pictures on my camera. I think the last time this happened was July 2013, so there were quite a few images. Half way through, I found some shots I’d taken of the chocolate peanut butter cupcakes I’d sent to work with Andy back in November. I thought I had posted about these cupcakes already, but since they were no where to be found in the archives, I obviously forgot. The cake recipe is Awesome Chocolate Cake that I use as a base for almost all of my chocolate cupcakes, but the star of these cupcakes is the Peanut Butter Buttercream.
- 4oz full fat or 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter (soften)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use organic)
- 2-3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream together cream cheese, butter, peanut putter and vanilla extract until smooth.
Slowly add powdered sugar a little at a time until the frosting reaches the desired consistency.
*I didn’t make this recipe up myself, I tweaked one I found online, but when I looked through the notebook I keep all my favorite recipes in, all I could find was the recipe card I wrote the ingredients down on. (Sorry to the original author!)
So to recreate the complete cupcake:
- Make cupcake using the recipe link above. Let the cupcakes completely cool before frosting.
- Make a batch of peanut butter buttercream and frost cooled cupcakes
- Garnish with Reese Pieces.
- Find someone to share with so you don’t eat all the cupcakes yourself.(very important)