You guys know that I use this monthly segment to exercise my ninja-like super deal skills? Well, this month I got a little extra help from a fellow shopper. I was in line with my little hand basket of awesomeness (90% of which was already on sale), and the lady in front of me give the cashier an extra coupon for $4 off any Almay product to share with the next shopper, which just happened to be yours truly. So, a big thank you to the mystery coupon lady, because of her generosity I was able to pick up an extra item to try out this month.
- Almay Intense I-Color Volumizing Mascara – The first time I used this it was solidly “okay”. The navy color was subtle, the brush was a little…antiquated, but the product went on easily and evenly coated my lashes. It wore well, no flaking or running, but I was surprised how little there was actually left on my lashes when I cleaned my eye make up off at the end of the day. Definitely would need to reapply if you were going out for the evening. The second and third time I used the mascara I had major application issues. The mascara went on clumpy, and it took forever to dry. The last time it was so bad I just wiped it off and with my normal mascara. Will not be using this stuff again.
- Almay Intense I-Color Defining Eyeliner – This was my favorite product this month. Big surprise, right? I love both glitter and eyeliner, and this product married the two beautifully. The liner went on smoothly and lasted ALL day. There was a little bit of glitter fallout, but that is to be expected with any glitter enhanced product, so it didn’t bother me. I will absolutely be picking this up in the other three colors.
- Almay Smart Shade Lipbutter – The shade I picked (berry medium) is a little darker than I normally wear, so the first time I wore it I was a little obsessive about checking to make sure that it didn’t wear off. It wore pretty much like every other lipstick in my make up bag. The texture was light and creamy without being sticky or goopy, and it smelled incredible, and it only wore off when I ate or drank something. Not amazing, but nice enough that I will keep using it.
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in “Pat on the Black” – I actually tried this polish last month, and I was completely blown away. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t just the one color the held up so well, so I chose something completely on the opposite send of the spectrum. Instead of light, we went as dark as I could go (a deep black cherry), and instead of pearlized, a flat gloss. Still amazing, still lasted a whole week. I now have two other colors, and I picked up a third for my mom.
- Miss Spa Hydrate Hand Treatment – Since my mom was in town, I totally used her as a guinea pig. After trying the cuticle treatment last month, I knew I wouldn’t be able to sit still with gloves on for a whole half an hour, but my mother is far more patient than I am. Plus, I was sick, and she didn’t want to tell me no. After the treatment, her hands were noticeably more soft and hydrated, and they stayed that way through multiple hand washings and doing the dishes. Summation, if you can sit still and let the gloves to their thing, these gloves offer big bang for your buck.