Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: 73 questions
I’ve been a bit under the weather this week, thus the lack of posts, but I’ve been spending plenty of time aimlessly surfing the internet. While I was doing so, I got caught up on Pugs & Pearls, which is written by a fellow north Florida blogger, and she had this great post called 73 Questions. It was a lot of fun to read, so I decide to do my very own post for you guys. I also threw in a few old photos for funsies 😉
1.What’s the best thing that happened to you this month? Finished my very first painting outside of class.
2. What is something you’re tired of? Hate. All of this hate fueled violence that has been destroying families and sparking more political posturing. Can’t we all just agree that no two people are going to be completely alike and celebrate the differences that make us all unique individuals?
3. What is something that recently moved you? Finding out that a group of my brother’s friends released lanterns in memory of him. Losing him killed a part of me, and not at day goes by without me missing him. It’s nice to know that he hasn’t been forgotten.
4. If you could teach one subject in school what would it be? Art!
5. What’s your favorite beverage? Blood Orange Lemonade #pretentioussummerbeverages
6. What’s your favorite cocktail? I’m strictly a mock-tail girl these days, but I recently had a Blackberry Sage Lemonade that was life changing.
7. What is your favorite cake? This is a tough one. We’ll go with a tie between Tuxedo Cake and Carrot Cake.
8.What is one thing you still have from your childhood? A bunch of little things. I have a keepsake box that is full of photos and trinkets.
9. What is your favorite movie? Under the Tuscan Sun or Chocolate.
10. What is something you can’t do? Crinkle my tongue. I spent most of 3rd grade trying, and I still can’t make it happen.
11. What is one habit you wish you could break? Overthinking. I can’t just deal with something; I have to agonize over the decision both before and after it’s made.
12. What makes you laugh no matter what? My cats. They are supposed to be these mysterious regal beings, but mine are mostly heaping helpings of flopsy hot mess.
13. What does creativity mean to you? It means looking at things and seeing what they can be vs. what they are.
14. What are your favorite lyrics of all time? “When you’re in black slacks with accentuating off white pinstripes, whoa-o, everything goes according to plan.” Random and fashion based, pretty much tailor made for a girl like me 🙂
15. What is something you’ve always wanted to try but you’ve been too scared to do? Strike out on my own. I’ve had opportunities to leave my 9-5 in favor of working for myself or with other creatives, and I just couldn’t bring myself to give up the steady paycheck.
16. Best advice for your 19 year old self? Stay away from the burgers and the liquor. Your liver is jacked up, and you’ll end up being a vegetarian anyway!
17. If you could raid one woman’s closet, who would it be? Shiva Rose
18. Must have purse item? Cellphone.
19. What did you want to do with your life at age 12? Be a world famous fashion designer.
20. What is something you will not be doing in ten years? Weekly treatments to fix my chronic migraines. Hopefully we’ll have everything under control by then.
21. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn? You’ll spend your life regretting the things that you don’t do more so than the things that you do.
22. What is one goal you are determined to achieve in your lifetime? Make my husband a kept man 🙂
23. Would you ever live anywhere besides where you live now? Absolutely!
24. What is your favorite dessert? I honestly don’t have a favorite; it completely depends on what I am feeling that day.
25. Is there a dessert you don’t like? Pumpkin pie. *shudder*
26. It’s brunch! What do you eat? Vegetarian Sausage and Gravy over Biscuits.
27. Who is your favorite painter? I couldn’t possibly choose only one.
28. Favorite Disney animal? Jack and Gus Gus from Cinderella.
29. What is a book you are planning on reading? I’m currently re-reading several of the Kelly Armstrong books I already own.
30. What did you read most recently? Quite Contrary by Richard Roberts
31. Favorite solo artist? Lana Del Rey.
32. What’s your Favorite board game? I strongly dislike ALL board games.
33. What’s a city you wish to visit? London.
34. Heels or flats? Flats.
35. Where does one go on a perfect road trip? Up the East Coast and back again.
36. What do you do on a rainy day? Curl up in a large comfy chair, with a book, a fluffy blanket, a mug of tea, and a cat.
37. What’s your favorite exercise? Belly dancing. I wasn’t brilliant at it, but I had a blast.
38. What was your worst subject in school? Toss up between Physics and Calculus. I just couldn’t bring myself to care.
39. What is your spirit animal? I didn’t know how to answer this, so I asked Andy what he thought, he said “I dunno – may be a red panda, I’d say a Pollie (our neurotic orange cat), but it’s nearly the same thing.”
40. What do you usually eat for breakfast? Oatmeal and a veggie breakfast scramble. Gotta at least start my day off by obeying the doctors dietary orders.
41. What do you usually eat for dinner? No clue. Andy and I rarely plan because there are so many unpredictable variables involved.
42. Cooking or Baking? Pffft, baking all the way.
43. Favorite baked good? I make a pretty kick-ass chocolate chip banana bread. It’s comforting and homey. Andy has been known to inadvertently consume an entire loaf over the course of an afternoon.
44. What is something you wish you could be good at? Exercising. I wasn’t good at it even before I got sick.
45. Skiing or Surfing? I’ve never done either, but probably skiing, you get hot chocolate afterwards, right? Plus there are no sharks.
46. First celebrity crush? Taylor Hanson.
47. Most recent celebrity crush? Ryan Reynolds.
48. What color was your prom dress? Blue with black lace.
49. How do you manage stress? Reading, baking, shopping, and eating (although we’ve thankfully almost phased that last one out).
50. What do you do to relax? Lush bath bombs, a foot rub, and a good book.
51. Age when you were first kissed? 3. I kissed my very best friend (at the time) Andrew, my mom has the pictures.
52. Place you were first kissed? Andrew’s family’s house (I think).
53. Favorite fashion trend of all time? Flower crowns, always and forever.
54. Best fashion advice you’ve ever received? “Dress for yourself, screw what other people think.”
55. Trend you would like to see disappear forever? Super short shorts. I don’t need to see anyone butt cheeks.
56. Shoes or Bags? Shoes, I can’t believe this is even a question.
57. How do you know if you’re in love? With Andy, I knew when we’d seen each other everyday for a week, and I didn’t feel a need for “me” time.
58. Television show you’ve binged on recently? Orange is the New Black. Because you have to.
59. Who do you turn to when you’re sad? Andy.
60. Name one thing you’ve learned the hard way? You can kill yourself trying to please someone and it won’t change anything.
61. If you could make a documentary about anything what would it be? People that don’t have human babies but have fur babies instead. You know, crazy cat couples.
62. What is your Kryptonite? A fur baby in need. There is a reason Andy and I had six cats.
63. What are you most enchanted by? The quiet, painfully rich lushness of the mountains.
64. What is your biggest strength? Being able to put myself in someone else’s shoes. Sometimes I have to work for it, but I almost always can find common ground with someone.
65. What is your biggest weakness? Self doubt. Nobody has ever been as hard on me as I am on myself.
66. What are 3 words to describe living in Florida? Muggy, Buggy, & Hot. Clearly I don’t write the tourist brochures.
67. Cutest thing on planet earth? Baby red pandas.
68. Most important advice you’d give your future children? Celebrate and respect the things that make us all “different”.
69. Best first date idea? Coffee with set plans with friends afterward. You meet, talk and have an excuse to leave if things don’t go well. If they do, you can always call your friends and cancel.
70. Favorite type of flower? Peonies and Irises
71. What do you first notice about someone when you meet them? The scientific answer would be “gender”, it’s something we all do subconsciously, but consciously, I immediately find myself gauging someone’s body language.
72. What’s your guilty pleasure? Young adult novels. I am way to old to still be reading them, but I can’t stop myself.
73. Plans for the weekend? Finding Dory, and baking cupcakes.