Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: bucket list
It’s the most wonderful tiiiiiiiiiiiime of the yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaar! I mean sort of, I love fall/autumn, and while I am by no means basic (the Buzzfeeed quiz proved it) if I was ever tempted to be, it would be now. I like doing fall things! A lot. And though the thermostat is holding at the low 90’s, and I’ve lived in Florida long enough to know better, my little cinnamon sprinkled heart hopes that it will magically drop to allow me to enjoy what others refer to as “sweater season”. I got the apple picking part of things out of the way early this year, but here are some other things I’d like to do before the winter insanity sets in.
- Wear all the plaid
- Shun the PSL enthusiasts
- Stomp in large piles of colorful leaves
- Burn something cinnamon scented
- Decorate pumpkins
- Sip some spiced cider
- Wrap myself in a really cozy scarf
- Find a pair of boots to rock
- Buy an autumnal lipstick
- Make spice cookies
- Make s’mores
- Use the fireplace
- Don an over-sized, crazy soft sweater
- Paint my nails burgundy or copper
- Warm my cold toes on the back of Andy’s perpetually warm calf
- Watch Practical Magic, Sleepy Hallow, The Craft and The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Make a seasonally appropriate wreath for the front door.
- Use some of my handpicked apples to make apple crumble
- Go to a harvest festival
- Enjoy a warm beverage outdoors (if it dips below the mid 80’s that is)
What’s on your fall list? Are you ready to basic it up with me?
Images from here.
In a lovely bit of irony, thing are wet and dreary here in the Sunshine state on what is supposed to be the longest day of the year. Those of us who have lived in the state more than a few years are just rolling our eyes and shaking our heads. This is so apropos for our capricious little state, but in the spirit of the solstice, I wanted to share my summer bucket list with you guys. There is quite a bit to do as the days start to shorten once again.
- Go to the beach
- Swim in the ocean
- Look for seashells
- Buy a watermelon
- Have a cookout
- Make strawberry short cake
- Buy a summer hat
- Have a picnic
- Wear a sundress
- Build a sandcastle
- Wear flash tattoos
- Take a day trip somewhere new
- Eat as much summer produce as possible
- Have a summer movie day
- Eat a snow cone
- Dance in the rain
- Make friendship bracelets
- Play in a puddle
- Buy some over the top sunglasses
- Get ice cream from a local shop
- Watch fireworks
- Build a blanket fort and take a nap in it
- Watch the sunset
What’s on your summer bucket list?
Image from here.