Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: candy back
I am still working my way through recipes for my holiday treat baskets. I really wanted to include some candy bark; I already make a pretty kick-ass Peppermint Bark, so I wanted to do something that had both sweet and savory. Originally, I tried this recipe for Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark. It was delicious, but I didn’t fully read the instructions, and it turned out that this bark had to be refrigerated, which is not ideal for putting into holiday treat baskets. I did some more recipe research on Pinterest, but I didn’t find that one recipe that had everything I wanted so I cobbled together a few. The result is the recipe below. Enjoy!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups peanut butter chips (I used these)
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces*
- 20 mini pretzels pretzel sticks*
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Melt chocolate using a double boiler or a microwave (if you use the microwave start at 30 seconds, then check chocolate at 15 second intervals until it is fully melted).
- In a separate container, melt the peanut butter chips using a double boiler or a microwave.
- Pour the 2/3 of the melted chocolate and all peanut butter chips onto the prepared baking sheet and use a spatula to smooth out and swirl the two together. Remember you want your bark thin enough to easily break but not to thin to support your toppings.
- Sprinkle your pretzels and your Reese’s Pieces over the mixture then gently press into the bark. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over your toppings.
- Finally, place in refrigerator for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until fully set. Break into pieces and enjoy!
Note* – The amounts for the toppings can vary: add as much or as little of each as you want. I wanted each bite of bark to have a little of everything in it.