Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: gf cookies
Okay guys, I am all for scratch baking. If you got time and energy (and sometimes a little ingenuity), you can really create some amazing things. However, there isn’t always the time to trial and error your way into greatness. Keeping a mix or two on hand for a baking emergency, especially when you are baking with dietary restrictions. No lie, there is always a GF brownie mix or cookie mix in my pantry. I’ve gone through a few different brands, and though I deviate from time to time, King Arthur is my tried and true go-to.
So if you too would like some pretentious, low effort cookies follow the instructions on the back of the box and add these four ingredients:
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 tsp smoked sea salt (for finishing)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powdered vanilla
- 1/2 a heaping cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Put the mix together according to the instruction on the box and then mix ingredients 1,3 &4.
- Bake as directed.
- As soon as they come out, sprinkle some of that delicious overpriced salt over the top of those bad boys (sparingly, this stuff is potent) and let cool. Seriously, let them cool for at least 5 minutes or they’ll fall apart when you pick them up. You’re welcome.
Look how pretty! These bad boys are so delicious, and yes, you need to make them. ASAP. Seriously, go get some mix now.