Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: gifts
I started baking as a way to cope with stress a few years back. It’s creative, it’s involved, and the finished results can be used to brighten someone else’s day. You know, providing everything works out and the end results are edible. All bakers have an off day or two. When giving baking inspired gifts, I like to follow one of two tracks. The first, I gift better versions of items I know the person already uses and loves. The second is find something that will make their bakes of choice easier – fun gadgets and the like.
- Silicone Pie Crust Shield – William Sonoma
- Jubilee Loaf Pan – William Sonoma
- Marble & Glass Cake Cloche – Terrain
- Garden Measuring Mug – Terrain
- Petalpress Rolling Pin – Anthropologie
- Gilded Botany Apron – Anthropologie
- The Hot That Count Oven Mit – Mod Cloth
- KitchenAid Mixer – Amazon
- Harvest Bakeware – Walmart
If you’re still feeling confounded by the prospect of shopping for your baker, remember there are plenty of stores that have kitchen sections. A quirky oven mitt and a gift card are always the right size 😉
This gift guide is dedicated to the girl who loves to stand at the edge of the sea while the sun sets and the wind blows her hair back. Who has a travel list a mile long. Who spends as much time barefoot as she possibly can. Or… for the girl who just wants to look like she enjoys those things 😉 The bohemian aesthetic has always been one I felt incredibly drawn to. It’s a modern way to feel like a princess from a fairytale in a far away exotic land. Plus, there is the environmental element that has infused itself into a lot more of the “hippy-ish” products. Finding an incredible beauty product is great; finding one that is also cruelty free and good for the environment? Even better. Here are a few boho inspired products that made my little heart go pitter patter.
- Among the Flowers Bath Kit – Urban Outfitters
- Fantasy Eyeliner – Lush
- Leather Gold Foil Journal – Sugarboo & Co
- Kalini Antique Brass Sconce – World Market
- Tiny Dancer Studs – Catbird
- Frida Kahlo Flower Crown – Bloom Design Studio
- Beaded Boater Hat – Anthropologie
- Blue Diamond Slash Opal Cuff – Free People
- Herbivore Jasmine Green Tea Tonic – Sephora
If nothing here catches your fancy, I highly recommend checking out Etsy. There are tons of incredible artisan gifts, and it’s always nice to support small businesses this time of year.
I’m a cat lover, and I’m friends with a lot of other cat lovers, and do you know what we enjoy getting? Cat stuff. Shocking, I know, but we really do. I can’t tell you have many people have given me ironic feline themed gifts hoping to illicit some sort of eye roll, but you know what? That stuff just makes me happy. T-shirts, pins, coffee mugs, stickers… bring. it. on.
- The Future Is Feline – Modcloth
- Day & Night Hugging Cat Pin – Glitter Punk Jewelry
- Fat Cat Statue – PhenomeGnome
- Cat Tote – Uncommon Goods
- Cat’s Meow Stationary Set – Think Geek
- Cat Salt & Pepper Grinder – Hot Topic
- Straw Cat Ear Bowler – Amazon
- Shop Cats Book – Anthropologie
Now that being an unabashed fan of felines is downright trendy, there are hundreds of great gift ideas out there. If this list didn’t have anything that caught your fancy, just search “cat” on almost any website and you’ll likely to find something just right.
I know now that I am married, my Valentines Day focus should be completely on my husband, but some of my very best Valentines Day memories have been with my single friends. Heck, my worst hangover was the result of an epic Galantine’s Day party thrown by my friend Michelle. Let’s just say that I am a light weight and I always have been. So while I love my husband so very much, it seems like a bit of a loss that I only am “supposed” to celebrate with one person now instead of all of the other wonderful relationships in my life. This year, after a discussion with my husband, I am going to spend the first part of Valentines Day with some of my favorite ladies. I’ve also been thinking that there should be some sort of girly gift to myself in honor of the event.
Right now I am leaning towards the flash tattoos because I’d be able to share them, but then again I’ve been wanting to try out the Kat Von D lipstick forever. Such a hard decision!
I know Valentines Day is traditionally a day of candy and flowers, but I think it’s extra sweet when your someone special thinks outside the box and gets you something uniquely tailored to you. Our first Valentines Day together Andy got me a box set of the Sherlock Holmes novels; a lot of my friends thought it was strange, but I thought is was incredibly romantic. We’d talked about it once over dinner, and he still remembered months later. Seriously, I was all dopey and moony for days. Along those lines, this year I’ve come up with a wish list of all sorts of things I wouldn’t mind unwrapping on the 14th.
1. Blogger by Nature Mug, 2. Hug A Cat Pillow, 3. Outpouring Earrings, 4.Fuji Instax Mini, 5. Cloche Jewelry Stand, 6. Manie Pink & Gold Flats, 7. Black Cat Tights, 8. Capri Blue Mercury Glass Jar Candle, 9. Swathi Punjammies
What’s the best gift you’ve ever given your Valentine?