Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: holiday
And today brings us to the last giveaway of the holiday season! Today’s giveaway theme is about all things sparkly: sparkle star earrings from Anthropologie, FOUR shimmery polishes from Julep, and gilded office supplies to brighten up your work space. I have had so much fun hosting these giveaways, and I can’t wait to see who wins this last one. Good luck everyone!!!
And the gifts keep on coming! Welcome to Week 3 of our Holiday giveaway series! I know it is wrong to have favorites, but this might be my favorite giveaway so far. Included in this box are a travel size Capri Blue Volcano Candle (my all time favorite candle), a copper window pane necklace, a mirrored jewelry box, and an iridescent Julep top coat that just happens to match the Volcano Candle jar. Good luck and I hope the winner loves this prize as much as I do!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
It’s the second week of our holiday giveaways! This week I wanted to share with you guys a few of my favorite things about the holidays, some crazy cozy socks. Two of my all time favorite lip balms (I have at least a dozen stashed around my house) and some sparkle for both you and your home. Submit your entries below and I’ll contact the winner at the end of the week. Enjoy!!!
And it is December 1st! Yes, my holiday merriment kicked into overdrive the day after Thanksgiving this year, but there are still so many things I have left to do, I even started making a list. Then I decided to share that list with you all. Who knows, maybe you’ll find an item or two to add to your own list.
Deck the halls, living room, dinning room, kitchen, guest room…. Trim the tree, at least half a dozen times since the cats will spend all night undoing the previous day’s trimming.
- Make hot chocolate, from scratch, with the special marshmallows.
Make a Christmas flower crown. Have holiday themed afternoon tea. Wrap gifts while listening to holiday music.
- Sing carols.
- Wear something tacky and festive.
- Try to make the cats wear tiny Santa hats.
Make Christmas cookies. Drink spiced cider. Have a Christmas crafting party. Locate the stockings, then hang them with care.
- Make s’mores in the fireplace.
Have a holiday party. Take my mom to Starbucks and enjoy a holiday treat. Snuggle up on the couch and watch holiday movies. Go to a holiday festival.
- Decorate a gingerbread house.
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Pick out Christmas PJ’s.
Drive around and look at lights. Send out our Christmas cards. Take impromptu photos of holiday merriment.
- Random act of holiday kindness.
What seasonal antics are at the top of your “to do” list?
Image from here.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you are all finding yourselves surrounded by good food and loved ones. On this day of reflection and thanks, I would like to share with you 25 things I am thankful for this year (some more serious than others):
- Celebrating five years of marriage with a husband who I can’t imagine my life without.
- The continued health and well being of my family.
- My fluffy children and their cheeky little faces.
- New experiences shared with old friends.
- New experiences leading to new friends.
- Photo editing apps for my iPhone.
- The discovery of new skills.
- Remembering that no matter how much you know there will always be something new to learn.
- The day brightening power of flower crowns.
- The worst dining experience ever that ended with Andy & I laughing helpless as thing continued to go comedically wrong.
- Being the healthiest I’ve been in probably five years.
- The toe warming power of fluffy socks.
- Sparkle nail polish.
- The healing power of baking.
- Mistakes that lead to exponentially better outcomes.
- The joy of stomping in autumn leaf piles.
- Time spent with my favorite people.
- Being able to share my crazy journey, in this space, with you guys.
- My acupuncturist and all of the crazy woo woo stuff she has shown me that actually works. Even if she’s probably a wizard and scares me a little.
- My friends letting me be an honorary “Aunt” and spoil their children.
- Face time with friends who live far far away.
- This mystique of being in my 30’s and having people believe that I actually have shit together.
- The calming power of a good mug of tea.
- The sweetness of a quiet evening in, lounging on the couch with all my boys.
- Finding the adventure in the day to day.
What are you most thankful for this year?
Image from here.