Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: list
The weather just keeps getting warmer here in sunny Florida, and as the sun shines brighter and the thermostat climbs, I am finding myself wanting to forsake my signature black attire and don something lighter in both feel and in color. The resurgence of 90’s florals has hit me with a big dose of nostalgia, and I find myself lingering over this or that, thinking about the thing I had way back when that looked so very much like it. So many items in fact, I decided to put together a little wishlist and share it with you guys.
- Floral Twist Bikini Top & Bottom – Torrid
- Sleeveless Angled Hemmed Midi Dress – Soma
- Bekah Slip Dress – Fashion to Figure
- Floral Bouquet Leggings – Loralette
- Floral Ear Cuff – Chelsea’s Flowercrowns
- Floral Hi-Low Top – Forever21
- Deva Double Flower Drop Earrings – Francesca’s
- Macinee Flip Flops – Nine West
- Floral Sunglasses – Amazon
Obviously, I just can’t help myself, and there is a little bit of black in this featured group, but much much less than usual. When I saw that floral ear cuff in the middle? I almost died, it’s so gorgeous and the perfect option for days when a traditional full flower crown might be a bit oppressive. I find myself quite torn between simply purchasing it or attempting to DIY one for myself so I can have exactly what I want. The safe bet would be to just do both though, right? 😉
While I don’t go as big for Halloween as some of my friends (we’re talking entire homes being covered in all things spooky), I do find the prospect of Jack-O-Lanterns and dressing up fun. It’s gotten a bit more difficult as I’ve gotten older; I have this desire to “become” whatever I choose to dress up as vs. merely wearing something that is obviously a costume, which mostly leads to frustrating DIY days and me deciding to go as a cat once again. The other thing I like to do is pick up “costume” pieces that could be integrated into my day to day life and wardrobe. This year for a bit of fun, I made up a witchy themed wishlist of items I think many modern day spell casters would be delighted to own.
- Rhapsody Crown Necklace – Leia Beila
- Night Visions – Rituel de Fille
- Phase of the Moon Watch – Hot Topic
- Peaceful Home Candles – New Moon Beginnings
- Moon Flower Flat Boot – Free People
- As You Wish Floral Jacket – Urban Outfitters
- Natural Quartz Filigree Necklace – Howling Moon UK
- Laurel Crown – Elemental Child
- Layered Lacework Dress – Anthropologie
What do you think? Better than some random pointy black hat, right? This wishlist also had a bit of a Practical Magic feel to it. I wanted so badly to be as cool as the Owens women when I was younger. Not the whole losing the love of your life part, but more of the great fashion sense, subtle spelling abilities, and the self confidence that the aunts had in spades. I also wanted the house; it was a really great house 🙂
It’s the most wonderful tiiiiiiiiiiiime of the yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaar! I mean sort of, I love fall/autumn, and while I am by no means basic (the Buzzfeeed quiz proved it) if I was ever tempted to be, it would be now. I like doing fall things! A lot. And though the thermostat is holding at the low 90’s, and I’ve lived in Florida long enough to know better, my little cinnamon sprinkled heart hopes that it will magically drop to allow me to enjoy what others refer to as “sweater season”. I got the apple picking part of things out of the way early this year, but here are some other things I’d like to do before the winter insanity sets in.
- Wear all the plaid
- Shun the PSL enthusiasts
- Stomp in large piles of colorful leaves
- Burn something cinnamon scented
- Decorate pumpkins
- Sip some spiced cider
- Wrap myself in a really cozy scarf
- Find a pair of boots to rock
- Buy an autumnal lipstick
- Make spice cookies
- Make s’mores
- Use the fireplace
- Don an over-sized, crazy soft sweater
- Paint my nails burgundy or copper
- Warm my cold toes on the back of Andy’s perpetually warm calf
- Watch Practical Magic, Sleepy Hallow, The Craft and The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Make a seasonally appropriate wreath for the front door.
- Use some of my handpicked apples to make apple crumble
- Go to a harvest festival
- Enjoy a warm beverage outdoors (if it dips below the mid 80’s that is)
What’s on your fall list? Are you ready to basic it up with me?
Images from here.
And it is December 1st! Yes, my holiday merriment kicked into overdrive the day after Thanksgiving this year, but there are still so many things I have left to do, I even started making a list. Then I decided to share that list with you all. Who knows, maybe you’ll find an item or two to add to your own list.
Deck the halls, living room, dinning room, kitchen, guest room…. Trim the tree, at least half a dozen times since the cats will spend all night undoing the previous day’s trimming.
- Make hot chocolate, from scratch, with the special marshmallows.
Make a Christmas flower crown. Have holiday themed afternoon tea. Wrap gifts while listening to holiday music.
- Sing carols.
- Wear something tacky and festive.
- Try to make the cats wear tiny Santa hats.
Make Christmas cookies. Drink spiced cider. Have a Christmas crafting party. Locate the stockings, then hang them with care.
- Make s’mores in the fireplace.
Have a holiday party. Take my mom to Starbucks and enjoy a holiday treat. Snuggle up on the couch and watch holiday movies. Go to a holiday festival.
- Decorate a gingerbread house.
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Pick out Christmas PJ’s.
Drive around and look at lights. Send out our Christmas cards. Take impromptu photos of holiday merriment.
- Random act of holiday kindness.
What seasonal antics are at the top of your “to do” list?
Image from here.
After my rather…enthusiastic Link Love last week, I bet it comes as no surprise that the first day of the month of December is pretty exciting for me. It’s the official 25 Days Til Christmas Countdown, and in honor of that countdown here are 25 things I am planning to do this month.
- Bake Christmas Cookies
- Deck the halls and mantles and bookshelves and the doorways…
- Buy festive holiday stamps
- Send out my Christmas Cards
- Procure a Christmas tree
- Decorate said Christmas tree
- Fill the advent calendar for Andy
- Finish my Christmas shopping
- Wrap ALL of the gifts
- Mull some cider
- Break out one of my big fluffy sweaters
- Sip some Russian Tea
- Celebrate the Solstice
- Wear silly holiday earrings
- Go to at least three community Christmas events
- Use the fireplace
- Do 5 Holiday DIYs
- Watch Elf
- Drive around looking at Christmas lights
- Have a Holiday Girls’ Night In
- Listen to Christmas music until I don’t want to hear it for another year
- Make treat boxes for friends and family
- Make Christmas Dinner
- Make Boxing Day Dinner
- Trick at least one of the cats into wearing a Santa hat or bowtie
What’s on your “must do” list this month?
Image from here.