Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: meal prep
Mornings are hard and sometimes making good choices in the morning are even harder. I am lucky enough to have a husband who makes sure that I have a healthy breakfast every morning, but he rarely extends that courtesy to himself. I wanted to do something for him, but I well understand my limits so I knew this would have to be strategic. I’ve seen lots of people making “egg cups” online, and it seemed like a good place to start. So this past Sunday I read a bunch of recipes on Pinterest and decided to give it a shot.
- 7 eggs
- 1/8 cup of milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms
- 1/4-1/2 cup of cheese (I used goat cheese, but you can use whatever)
- Salt & pepper to taste.
*I also through in some garlic and a little Mrs. Dash seasoning 😉
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the muffin tin.
- Slice mushrooms and chop spinach.
- In a large mixing bowl, scramble the eggs and then mix in the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the veggies and divide the mixture between the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle in the cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then you’re good to go.
- You can store the extra in the fridge for up to a week,
- To make sure that I was getting a less biased reaction, I took a couple to my friend Cassie; both she and Andy really liked them. 10 out of 10, would try again. I, on the other hand, have a weird texture thing with eggs, and they were just a bit…squidgy for me.
- I think these would work with so many other mix-ins; Andy and I have already talked about some other variations we’d like to try. One of my friends is thinking of trying a super protein packed option for her husband.