Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: new years eve
While I am not going to start worrying about my yearly resolutions until I turn 30 in March, I like to take this time of year and think about what an incredible and busy year 2015 has been. Here are some of the highlights:
- Participating my very first Color Run – it ended up being even more fun than I’d hoped, and I would really like to do it again next year. Probably with fairy wings and a tutu, you know, for funsies.
- Spending a long weekend with the Lubattis – Great food, cold weather, lots of laughter, some of my favorite people, and getting to play auntie to two adorable girls? It doesn’t get much better than that.
- Attending the 3rd annual Maiedae Mixer – Sometimes the task of maintaining your blog can get a bit daunting, and there is nothing like spending an evening playing dress up and interacting with other creatives to get things back on track.
- Going apple picking – it was muddy, and I quickly discovered that flip flops are a poor choice in footwear, but the orchard was beautiful and I felt so amazingly proud later when I made apple butter from apples I had hand picked.
- Getting my braces off – After 3+ years, I am so happy have them gone. No more cutting the inside of my mouth, no more tiny rubber bands littering the inside of my purse, and no more spending 20 minutes after I eat pulling things out of my braces. And I can have granola again.
- Taking a silk dying class – silk dying is something I’ve always be curious about. There are some truly spectacular techniques out there and while this class was for basic beginners, it was enough to make me want to take more advanced courses and maybe invest in some supplies of my own.
- Dying my hair pink – now this one is a little sneaky sneaky. I work for a fairly conservative company, and while they are “okay” with my piercings and tattoos that is pretty much where the indulgence in my alternative wardrobe choices ends. So I have been slowly transitioning my hair color from a natural-ish red to fuchsia. We are three months into the process now and things are definitely on the more pink end of the spectrum and no one has really caught on.
- Discovering the miracle of acupuncture – after all of my health issues earlier this year, I was desperate to find something that would allow me to resume some semblance of a “normal” life. The addition of acupuncture to my weekly routine has been a huge help getting things back on track.
- Quality time with my mom – I was lucky enough to have my mom come and stay with me for several longer visits this year. Since I live in the “big city”, I like to introduce my mom to things she doesn’t usually encounter in the mountains of NC. This year we added a hibachi restaurant, gel manicures, and spa facials to her list of “first tries”. It’s almost more fun than trying something new myself.