Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: snickerdoodle
Usually when I write recipes, I start with an idea and carefully map out what I need, what what steps to take, make a grocery store run, and then give it a go. However, sometimes I write recipes because I am having a craving and, since I lack the ingredients I need, I have to make do with what I have lying around. This was the case when I came up with the Vegan Snickerdoodle Mug Cake. It was pouring, I wanted something sweet and not chocolate (strange, right?), and I wanted something easy to make. So of course, mug cake came to mind. I hit Pinterest, found a recipe, and then realized I was missing half the ingredients; furthermore, I knew whipping up anything with cinnamon and not having some for the husband would be mean. So I took a deep breath, worked some substitution magic, and ta-da. Mug Cake.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for garnishing.
- In a bowl (I used a large glass measuring cup), whisk together sugar, cinnamon, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- When combined, stir in flour and baking powder.
- Split the mixture between two standard size mugs.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes or until the desired texture.
- Let cool for a minute then garnish (if you’d like) and enjoy!
- This is only the second mug cake recipe I’ve ever attempted, and like the first, I feel like the texture you end up with is more “quickbread” and less “cake”. Still delicious though, and you can whip it up from start to finish in less than 10 minutes.
- This wasn’t intended to be an “original recipe,” but after checking out the contents of my fridge and pantry and realizing I was cooking for two and not one, I figured why not. The vegan part is also a result of what we had vs. didn’t have 🙂
- I strongly suggest including the ice cream or whipped cream if you can. While this was perfectly fine on its own, Andy and I both agreed it would benefit from a little something extra.