Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: thankful
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I wish you a day full of great food and good times with friends and family. While I have no doubt there will be a lot of this going around today, I just wanted to share with you 10 things I am thankful for this year.
- My sweet husband – as cheesey as it sounds, he makes this crazy journey called life infinitely more interesting and enjoyable.
- My family – we might make each other crazy sometimes, but I know they love me and have my back.
- My nieces & nephews – yes, they are “family”, but these little guys deserve their own special shout out. They remind me what it’s like to see the world through new eyes, to approach everything as a game, and to laugh at and learn from our mistakes.
- My friends – to me, friends have always been like the family we choose for ourselves, and new or old I am grateful for their laughter and support through thick or thin.
- My furbabies – I am without a doubt a crazy cat lady, and after losing two of our fluffy children last year and having a couple minor health scares this year, I am so happy to see those sweet sleepy faces every morning and give them goodnight kisses every evening before bed.
- My health – the last few years have been a roller coaster, but I have finally found a good rhythm. It’s so incredibly nice to have more good days than bad and to feel like I am finally getting back to being myself.
- Having the space and the resources to indulge my creativity.
- For you, my dear readers. For checking in and following along in my adventure, you guys keep me accountable and push me to keep exploring and trying new things.
- The healing power of books – something that started as a child and follows me to this day. Books are there when I need information, when I need distraction, and when I need reassurance. A lot of ills can be mended or soothed by some quite time with a good book.
- Personal growth – I’ve been trying to stretch myself emotionally and physically this year, and it’s nice to feel that effort pay off in little ways, while still keeping you humble enough to remember that there will always be more lessons to learn.
Did I make you roll your eyes or throw up a bit? It did get a bit mushy at parts, but ultimately I mean every word. What are you most thankful for this year?
*I also wanted to let you guys know that I’ll be taking the last week of this month off. After Andy and I are done with our holiday travel, my mom and I are going to take a mini road trip before getting back into the daily grind. You can follow along if you like on my Instagram page.
Image from here.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you are all finding yourselves surrounded by good food and loved ones. On this day of reflection and thanks, I would like to share with you 25 things I am thankful for this year (some more serious than others):
- Celebrating five years of marriage with a husband who I can’t imagine my life without.
- The continued health and well being of my family.
- My fluffy children and their cheeky little faces.
- New experiences shared with old friends.
- New experiences leading to new friends.
- Photo editing apps for my iPhone.
- The discovery of new skills.
- Remembering that no matter how much you know there will always be something new to learn.
- The day brightening power of flower crowns.
- The worst dining experience ever that ended with Andy & I laughing helpless as thing continued to go comedically wrong.
- Being the healthiest I’ve been in probably five years.
- The toe warming power of fluffy socks.
- Sparkle nail polish.
- The healing power of baking.
- Mistakes that lead to exponentially better outcomes.
- The joy of stomping in autumn leaf piles.
- Time spent with my favorite people.
- Being able to share my crazy journey, in this space, with you guys.
- My acupuncturist and all of the crazy woo woo stuff she has shown me that actually works. Even if she’s probably a wizard and scares me a little.
- My friends letting me be an honorary “Aunt” and spoil their children.
- Face time with friends who live far far away.
- This mystique of being in my 30’s and having people believe that I actually have shit together.
- The calming power of a good mug of tea.
- The sweetness of a quiet evening in, lounging on the couch with all my boys.
- Finding the adventure in the day to day.
What are you most thankful for this year?
Image from here.
We’ve reached the end of The Thankful Month. The practice of finding at least one thing to be thankful for a day has been a breeze for the last few days. Lots of time with friends and family, unexpected holiday extras, and even the simple pleasure of coming home after a long trip. I hope you all had an equally wonderful Thankful Month and that you don’t forget how important it is to occasionally stop and mentally bask in the silver lining that is present in every day.
23rd – The magic power of Goldfish crackers over little ones.
24th – My new cell phone and the gorgeous sparkle case Andy got for me.
25th – The NC Zoo!!!
26th – Rufus kitty snuggles; he could tell I was missing my fur babies.
27th – Getting to see all three of the Andy Buciors in the same room.
28th – Getting to spend time with my mom and even doing some unexpected Black Friday shopping
29th – Safe travels and welcome home kitty snuggles.
30th – Having a day to lounge around the house before having to head back to work.
So I am a bit late with this guys, but it doesn’t mean that I am any less thankful. Week Three!!!
15th – Delivery, sometimes the kitchen seems really far away.
16th – Crazy fur baby antics that are way better than TV.
17th – Speaker phone, so I can talk to my mom every morning on my drive to the office.
18th – It being cool enough to use the fireplace!
19th – Maria, I don’t know how I would get anything done at the office without you!
20th – Getting things done so I can’t travel with relative peace of mind.
21th – Savannah! Always a good idea.
22nd – Seeing my college roommate and her beautiful family.