Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: Things I Love
To give you a tiny Chicago break, today I want to share with you my current Etsy wishlist. Right now I am feeling lots of color and sparkle, shocking I know. Nothing major, but items with character to complement what I already have. One of the things I love about trolling Etsy is that you always find unique items. My “favorites” list is ridiculously long. Don’t even get me started on my favorite shops list.
- Natural Perfume Sampler
- Wing & Feather Scarf
- Magnolia Temporary Tattoo
- Turquoise Stone Sunnies
- Sugar Plum Fairy Quartz Tiara
- Tiara Helix Earring
- Part Time Mermaid Tank
- ForgetMeNot Locket
- Luna Moth Earrings
Pretty right? That cartilage bling is calling my name especially loudly. The silver hoop I’ve been wearing for years (don’t worry I replace it regularly) has gotten caught on things a few times lately and I am starting to feel that something a bit more close fitting might be a little safer.
My name is Julie, and I have a problem: I have a Lush addiction. It started out small, a bath bomb here and there, and then I started using the shower jellies. Before I knew it, I was forcing my friends and family to let me stop and shop every time we passed a store. I lost the ability to merely browse. Every in-store trip ended with one of their brown paper bags and a handful of samples. When I realized that I had caches of products stashed in both the guest and master bathrooms, I knew I had a problem.
Sadly, I am only slightly embellishing the situation. Lush is a great company; their products are cruelty free and vegan. I dearly wish we had one locally, so I could work there part time and get an employee discount. I’ve introduced many of my friends and family members to the wonder of their products, and now I am going to share a few favorite items with you.
1. Woosh Shower Jellie – One of my favorite products to use on those dreary hard to get moving mornings. The bright teal zingy citrus blend gives me the kick I need to knock that last bit of sleepy out of my head and get started with all that annoying adulting that the work week demands.
2.Beautiful Shower Gel – This is my go-to in the summer months. Rich lather, slightly fruity with a hint of spice; I get the moisturizing I need, and it leaves my skin softly scented. I was really impressed with how well this stuff works: I only need a dollop the size of a quarter to wash my entire body.
3. Fizzbanger Bath Bomb – My second favorite bath bomb. The cinnamon toffee scent is absolutely perfect for fall or winter, or when you want to crank down the thermostat and pretend that it’s fall or winter. Usually, the use of this bath bomb is accompanied by a mug of tea.
4. Dragon’s Egg Bath Bomb – My favorite bath bomb. I try to keep at least two of these in the house at any time. The citrus scent is perfect for any time of year, and the confetti makes every bath feel like something special. This is my go-to recommendation for any first time bath bomb user.
4. New! Shampoo Bar – Occasionally, when I am under larger amounts of stress, my hair will start falling out. Not an ideal situation for anyone, but it’s even worse when you’re a woman. I picked this bar up during some major work drama last year, and it really did help encourage new growth and made the rest of my hair feel and look thicker. Fortunately, I haven’t needed it in a while, but I will be express shipping a bar to Tallahassee if I ever do.
5. Shimmy Shimmy Sparkle Bar – This was an impulse buy that worked out incredibly well. On my last trip, I complemented the girl behind the counter on the shimmer she had on her arms and chest. She told me about the bar and then let me try a sample piece. I was delighted with the soft lavender scent and with how soft my skin was (with none of that greasy residue that we all hate). Granted, I can’t really wear it to the office, but it is fun on the weekends.
If you aren’t already a Lush enthusiast, check out the store nearest to you or the company website. If you are, I’d love to hear about which products you love best.
One of the things that I think is important to know about me is that while I may be pushing 30, I am still very much in touch with my inner child. She is loud, opinionated, and, boy, does she like pretty things. Right now she is doing her best to convince me that it is absolutely imperative that we own one of the beautiful scarves from the Etsy shop Shovava. It’s becoming a problem because I know she isn’t going to be happy with just one.
Flowers, feathers, birds, so intricate and ethereal. I follow their Instagram, and I love, love, LOVE seeing their photo stories. If I don’t have one by December, it’ll probably be somewhere at the tippy top of my Christmas list.
All images are from the Shovava Instagram page.
This is one of my absolute favorite internet trends. Manly bearded men looking oh so pretty with flora and fauna spouting from their face whiskers.
Yep, that last one is Andy. As you can tell he was super happy about me putting flowers in his beard. I had a whole shoot planned, but between the flowers falling out of his beard and Andy insisting on looking at the camera like I was trying to kill him….yeah, I just used my cell phone to snap a quick photo. Evidently, some men just don’t want to be pretty.
Images from Bored Panda.
Category: Things I Love
Last night, Andy and I were doing our usual post dinner activity, watching TV while working on our laptops, and Andy showed me a feature on this Sugar Skull Spoon Kickstarter and mentioned that it seemed like something I’d like. I agreed, said it was pretty cool and I wouldn’t mind having one. Next thing I know, I got a forwarded email from Andy letting me know that my Sugar Skull Spoon had been ordered and would ship in the next few days. BEST HUSBAND EVER!
If you’re interested in a spoon of your very own they’re available at Hundred Million.
Images from here.