Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: to do
IT’S FINALLY TIME! I love Christmas like whoa baby big time, but my husband is a stickler for not celebrating holidays before other holidays are finished so I have been doing my best to rein it in. No more, my friends! Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, it is all Christmas all the time until December 25th. There a dozens of tiny things that I do every year, but here are a few of the highlights that I know I want to hit.
- Find the perfect Christmas Tree
- Pull our Christmas decorations out of the garage
- Deck the halls
- Get a holiday themed pedicure
- Mail out our Christmas Cards
- Trim the tree
- Make real hot chocolate from scratch
- Find a festive holiday dress
- Decorate my office
- Rock some holiday red lipstick
- Finish off my holiday shopping
- Random Acts of Holiday Kindness
- Host a holiday craft night
- Bake holiday treats
- Spend an evening listening to Christmas music and wrapping gifts
- Put together a gingerbread house
- Buy our Christmas Eve pajamas
- See the Nutcracker
- Make paper snowflakes
- Watch Christmas Movies
- Go to Victorian Christmas in Thomasville, GA
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights
- Wear some quirky holiday jewelry
- Sing Christmas Carols
- Make Spiced Cider
I am lucky enough to have my mom visiting for a couple of weeks, and she is as excited about the holidays as I am. It also gives my husband a chance to bow out of some of the merriment and have some manly quiet time.
Image from here,
And it is December 1st! Yes, my holiday merriment kicked into overdrive the day after Thanksgiving this year, but there are still so many things I have left to do, I even started making a list. Then I decided to share that list with you all. Who knows, maybe you’ll find an item or two to add to your own list.
Deck the halls, living room, dinning room, kitchen, guest room…. Trim the tree, at least half a dozen times since the cats will spend all night undoing the previous day’s trimming.
- Make hot chocolate, from scratch, with the special marshmallows.
Make a Christmas flower crown. Have holiday themed afternoon tea. Wrap gifts while listening to holiday music.
- Sing carols.
- Wear something tacky and festive.
- Try to make the cats wear tiny Santa hats.
Make Christmas cookies. Drink spiced cider. Have a Christmas crafting party. Locate the stockings, then hang them with care.
- Make s’mores in the fireplace.
Have a holiday party. Take my mom to Starbucks and enjoy a holiday treat. Snuggle up on the couch and watch holiday movies. Go to a holiday festival.
- Decorate a gingerbread house.
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Pick out Christmas PJ’s.
Drive around and look at lights. Send out our Christmas cards. Take impromptu photos of holiday merriment.
- Random act of holiday kindness.
What seasonal antics are at the top of your “to do” list?
Image from here.