Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: to do list
It’s the most wonderful tiiiiiiiiiiiime of the yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaar! I mean sort of, I love fall/autumn, and while I am by no means basic (the Buzzfeeed quiz proved it) if I was ever tempted to be, it would be now. I like doing fall things! A lot. And though the thermostat is holding at the low 90’s, and I’ve lived in Florida long enough to know better, my little cinnamon sprinkled heart hopes that it will magically drop to allow me to enjoy what others refer to as “sweater season”. I got the apple picking part of things out of the way early this year, but here are some other things I’d like to do before the winter insanity sets in.
- Wear all the plaid
- Shun the PSL enthusiasts
- Stomp in large piles of colorful leaves
- Burn something cinnamon scented
- Decorate pumpkins
- Sip some spiced cider
- Wrap myself in a really cozy scarf
- Find a pair of boots to rock
- Buy an autumnal lipstick
- Make spice cookies
- Make s’mores
- Use the fireplace
- Don an over-sized, crazy soft sweater
- Paint my nails burgundy or copper
- Warm my cold toes on the back of Andy’s perpetually warm calf
- Watch Practical Magic, Sleepy Hallow, The Craft and The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Make a seasonally appropriate wreath for the front door.
- Use some of my handpicked apples to make apple crumble
- Go to a harvest festival
- Enjoy a warm beverage outdoors (if it dips below the mid 80’s that is)
What’s on your fall list? Are you ready to basic it up with me?
Images from here.
And it is December 1st! Yes, my holiday merriment kicked into overdrive the day after Thanksgiving this year, but there are still so many things I have left to do, I even started making a list. Then I decided to share that list with you all. Who knows, maybe you’ll find an item or two to add to your own list.
Deck the halls, living room, dinning room, kitchen, guest room…. Trim the tree, at least half a dozen times since the cats will spend all night undoing the previous day’s trimming.
- Make hot chocolate, from scratch, with the special marshmallows.
Make a Christmas flower crown. Have holiday themed afternoon tea. Wrap gifts while listening to holiday music.
- Sing carols.
- Wear something tacky and festive.
- Try to make the cats wear tiny Santa hats.
Make Christmas cookies. Drink spiced cider. Have a Christmas crafting party. Locate the stockings, then hang them with care.
- Make s’mores in the fireplace.
Have a holiday party. Take my mom to Starbucks and enjoy a holiday treat. Snuggle up on the couch and watch holiday movies. Go to a holiday festival.
- Decorate a gingerbread house.
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Pick out Christmas PJ’s.
Drive around and look at lights. Send out our Christmas cards. Take impromptu photos of holiday merriment.
- Random act of holiday kindness.
What seasonal antics are at the top of your “to do” list?
Image from here.
It’s resolution time, people. I am now in the first bright and shiny year of my thirties, and boy howdy, do I have plans. Here, for your reading pleasure, is my list of 30 things I would like to accomplish before I turn 31.
Go somewhere I’ve never been.
- Take 1 class a month.
Intuitive Painting – May
Intuitive Painting – June
Sea Glass Painting – August
Intuitive Painting – August
Glass Fusing – January
- Visit the west coast.
30 days of minimalism challenge. Have high tea in another state. Have a girls only mini vacation. Try 10 new restaurants.
Salt Water Seafood Co
Liberty Bar & Restaurant
Brick & Spoon
Green Truck Pub
Southern Public House
Make 12 recipes from cookbooks I already own.
Chocolate Toffee Coffee Cake
Orange Spice Cookies
Everyone’s Favorite Birthday Cake
Blood Orange Tiramisu
English Chocolate Tea Bread
Dark Chocolate Fudge
A Very Vanilla Sprinkle Cake
Cinnamon Streusel Cider Muffins
Dolly’s Doughnut Cake
Cranberry Maple Muffins
Irish Tea Bread
Apple Pecan Cake
Make 5 projects off of my Pinterest “Craft” board
Jingle Bell Wreath
- Finally, finally, FINALLY open my Etsy shop.
- Go to a blogger meet-up.
Read 30 new books.
City of the Lost – Kelly Armstrong
Dark Places – Gillian Flynn
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – Ransom Riggs
The Mermaid’s Sister – Carrie Anne Noble
Redemption Song – Craig Schaefer
The Living End – Craig Schaefer
Plain Dealing Villain – Craig Schaefer
The Killing Floor Blues – Craig Schaefer
The Spirit Class Charade – Colleen Gleason
The Clockwork Scarab – Colleen Gleason
The Butterfly Garden – Dot Hutchison
The Paper Magician – Charlie N. Homberg
The Glass Magician – Charlie N. Homberg
The Master Magician – Charlie N. Homberg
Play Dead – Anne Frasier
Stay Dead – Anne Fraiser
Pretty Dead – Anne Fraiser
The Body Reader – Anne Fraiser
Shes Not There – PJ Parrish
The Moonlit Garden – Connie Bomann
The Beaufort Bride: The Life of Margaret Beaufort – Judith ArnoppMagic Bitter, Magic Sweet – Charlie N. Holmberg
The Bloodletter’s Daughter – Linda Lafferty
The Crying Girl – Glen Ebisch
The Storied Life of AJ Fikry – Gabrielle Zevin
Weightless – Kandi Steiner
The Room – Emma Donoghue
The Heir of Linn Haug – Karen Charlton
The Sans Pareil Mystery – Karen Charlton
Betrayals – Kelly Armnstrong
Wear fake eyelashes. Try to do 3 creative projects a week. Walk on the beach and collect sea shells. Get my makeup professionally done. Try purple lipstick. Get a tattoo. Formulate a five year plan. More original content for the blog. Work on my photography skills. Collaborate on projects with other creatives. Host a Sunday brunch. Get better at participating in social media.
- Finish the gallery wall in the master bedroom.
Paint and decorate the guestroom.
- Paint the guest bathroom.
TBD – Complete an entire puzzle Make something that I can wear. Get my home office to the point where I can actually work in it.
I left 28 as sort of a swing goal. Every year I run into something challenging or interesting and what better way to force myself into action than to add it to this list where I have you guys to follow along and keep me accountable. Last year I did pretty well if I do say so myself. You can check out my 29 before 30 here and see how I did.
Image from here.
After my rather…enthusiastic Link Love last week, I bet it comes as no surprise that the first day of the month of December is pretty exciting for me. It’s the official 25 Days Til Christmas Countdown, and in honor of that countdown here are 25 things I am planning to do this month.
- Bake Christmas Cookies
- Deck the halls and mantles and bookshelves and the doorways…
- Buy festive holiday stamps
- Send out my Christmas Cards
- Procure a Christmas tree
- Decorate said Christmas tree
- Fill the advent calendar for Andy
- Finish my Christmas shopping
- Wrap ALL of the gifts
- Mull some cider
- Break out one of my big fluffy sweaters
- Sip some Russian Tea
- Celebrate the Solstice
- Wear silly holiday earrings
- Go to at least three community Christmas events
- Use the fireplace
- Do 5 Holiday DIYs
- Watch Elf
- Drive around looking at Christmas lights
- Have a Holiday Girls’ Night In
- Listen to Christmas music until I don’t want to hear it for another year
- Make treat boxes for friends and family
- Make Christmas Dinner
- Make Boxing Day Dinner
- Trick at least one of the cats into wearing a Santa hat or bowtie
What’s on your “must do” list this month?
Image from here.
There is a whole list of things I want to do…
- Go to McClay Gardens
- Have a picnic
- Find a tree, spread a quilt and have a lazy afternoon of reading outside
- Buy the giant economy size of Claritin so I can fight the pollen
- Buy all the spring flowers
- Watch the cardinals build nests in the azalea bushes
- Break out my flip flops
- Brew some iced tea
- Bake a lemon loaf
- Find outdoor lights for the patio
- Make an Arnold Palmer with the aforementioned tea
- Get a pedicure so my sandaled feet don’t scare people
- Have brunch outside
- Have lunch outside
- Have dinner….you guessed it, outside
- Take advantage of all the beautiful spring veggies
- Get the grill up and working again
- Plan my birthday week
- Get a birthday tiara
- Pull my sundresses out of the back of the closet
- Plant two scarlet rose bushes
- Draw funny pictures in the pollen coating Andy’s car
- Get some butterfly plants for the front walk
- Take a walk around Lake Ella
- Grab and iced chai and watch the baby ducks
Image from here.