Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: toothpaste
Unless you’ve been living in a hole, you’ve undoubtedly seen the charcoal toothpaste craze that has taken over social media and beauty blogs. Personally I was a bit skeptical – I was lured in by the charcoal face mask crazy a couple of years ago, and with the exception of ripping all the teeny tiny hairs off of my face (quite painfully I might add), it didn’t make any difference. I finally decided to give the trend a try a couple of weeks ago when I was online ordering toothpaste (the store was out of my usual), and I discovered that the brand Hello had created a whitening charcoal option. I was still skeptical, but I knew the brand was solid and what the hell, I needed toothpaste anyway, right?
As you can see, I was instantly radiant upon application. Andy literally stood in the doorway and laughed at me the entire time I was brushing my teeth. He’s supportive like that.
Yes, I did read the instructions on my box of toothpaste. It felt a little silly, but I wanted to make sure that I was getting the full benefit of the charcoal treatment.
- My teeth are whiter – not professional whitening whiter, but I’d say two to three shades.
- It’s functional for daily use; there isn’t anything that would hurt you long term.
- Has a nice minty aftertaste so you feel fresh and clean after rinsing all the black out of your mouth.
- You have to be careful or this gets everywhere. Most toothpaste is really light so a few extra speckles here or there don’t make much of a difference, but with this stuff you can tell. You have to thoroughly rinse your mouth after using and the sink after your done rinsing.
- The texture is a little on the gritty side. Not a deal breaker for me, but I could see how someone would find it off putting.
Verdict: 9/10 would recommend and will continue to use. I like that this keeps those pesky tea/soda stains at bay and who couldn’t use a nice subtle whitening now and again.