Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: wish
While some of you might be starting to look towards Fall, Summer is still alive and well here in the Sunshine State. We’ve got quite a lot of warm sunny days left to our year, and I am still feeling the summer vibes. Keeping that in mind, I’ve created a wishlist of items that I’d like to help me finish out the warmer weather.
- Lace Trapeze Dress – Free People
- Rose Gold Backpack – City Chic
- Elizabeth Climber Earring – Urban Outfitters
- Pineapple Sippers – Amazon
- Matilda Floral Kimono – Anthropologie
- Kake Flats – Kurt Geiger
- Haberkorn Sunglasses – Aldo
- Picnic Blanket – H&M
- Floral High-Waist Bikini – Torrid
I’ve been wearing a lot of loose breezy dresses to stay cool and billowy kimonos to keep the sun off my shoulders, and to be honest, I am always looking to expand my collection. After a recent trip to the beach, I’ve realized I really need to get a new swim suit. I want something that is me, but also a teeny tiny bit outside of my comfort zone, so I think a high-waist bikini might be a step in the right direction. Oh, and I thought those pineapple sippers were hella cute, and really, I just want them, summer seems a good a reason as any, right?
The weather just keeps getting warmer here in sunny Florida, and as the sun shines brighter and the thermostat climbs, I am finding myself wanting to forsake my signature black attire and don something lighter in both feel and in color. The resurgence of 90’s florals has hit me with a big dose of nostalgia, and I find myself lingering over this or that, thinking about the thing I had way back when that looked so very much like it. So many items in fact, I decided to put together a little wishlist and share it with you guys.
- Floral Twist Bikini Top & Bottom – Torrid
- Sleeveless Angled Hemmed Midi Dress – Soma
- Bekah Slip Dress – Fashion to Figure
- Floral Bouquet Leggings – Loralette
- Floral Ear Cuff – Chelsea’s Flowercrowns
- Floral Hi-Low Top – Forever21
- Deva Double Flower Drop Earrings – Francesca’s
- Macinee Flip Flops – Nine West
- Floral Sunglasses – Amazon
Obviously, I just can’t help myself, and there is a little bit of black in this featured group, but much much less than usual. When I saw that floral ear cuff in the middle? I almost died, it’s so gorgeous and the perfect option for days when a traditional full flower crown might be a bit oppressive. I find myself quite torn between simply purchasing it or attempting to DIY one for myself so I can have exactly what I want. The safe bet would be to just do both though, right? 😉
The temperature is rising, and with the emergence of the snow drops in my front yard and the azaleas in the back, it really seems like spring is here or at the very least on it’s way. This time of year always leads to a general lightening of life for me, everything from clothing, to hair color, to mood. Heck, I even wear less make up: some tinted moisturizer (with SPF of course), a swipe of highlighter, and a natural lip color, and I am good to go, which, in hindsight, is probably good considering Florida’s weather is notoriously fickle and at least once a week I’ll find myself stuck somewhere without an umbrella because of unexpected rain. I love it though, it’s such a brief season here, and it leaves me lamenting my hours spent at the office instead of enjoying the rare glorious weather. When I lived on campus while I was in college, I’d load up my tote bag with books and water and then spend the afternoon stretched out on the green in front of the library.
- Samantha Rain Boots – Target
- Pastel Pink Daily Conditioner – Overtone
- Somerset Hat – Terrain
- VonShef Wicker Picnic Basket – Wayfair
- Lace Up Neck Maxi – Soma
- Mac Viva Glam VI – Macy’s
- Summer Bloom Tote – Free People
- Metal Crush Highlighter Pallet – Sephora
- Floral Garden Umbrella – Uncommon Goods
My mom is here visiting for a couple of weeks so I am hoping that she and I will get a chance to do some spring-ish type activities. Things like walking around some of the local parks, eating lunch outside, and maybe even doing a little gardening. What are you looking forward to this spring?
Category: Things I Love