Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: wish list
In an effort to honor the sanctity of the Summer Bucket list, I decided to kick things off by shopping for sunglasses. I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for; I wanted sunnies with that little extra something special. It is summer after all. Like I thought, the internet came through like a champ and I found all sorts of wonderful over the top options. The price tag however… I’m just looking for something fun, not a lifelong style commitment. Fortunately, there is this wonderful thing called Amazon, and it was more than happy to hook me up with plenty of options, all of which were under $20. Here are my top contenders.
- Pastel Strip Oversized Sunnies
- Blue Jeweled Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Sparkling Geometric Rose Fade Sunglasses
- Gold Accented Sunnies
- Jeweled Leopard Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Royal Pink Star Spangled Sunnies
- Pearl & Rhinestone Oversized Sunglasses
- Two Tone Baroque Swirl Sunglasses
- Engraved Floral & Gold Leaf Sunnies
What do you think? I am finding myself having a hard time deciding which to get, and I would honestly be grateful for opinions and recommendations at this point.
The weather just keeps getting warmer here in sunny Florida, and as the sun shines brighter and the thermostat climbs, I am finding myself wanting to forsake my signature black attire and don something lighter in both feel and in color. The resurgence of 90’s florals has hit me with a big dose of nostalgia, and I find myself lingering over this or that, thinking about the thing I had way back when that looked so very much like it. So many items in fact, I decided to put together a little wishlist and share it with you guys.
- Floral Twist Bikini Top & Bottom – Torrid
- Sleeveless Angled Hemmed Midi Dress – Soma
- Bekah Slip Dress – Fashion to Figure
- Floral Bouquet Leggings – Loralette
- Floral Ear Cuff – Chelsea’s Flowercrowns
- Floral Hi-Low Top – Forever21
- Deva Double Flower Drop Earrings – Francesca’s
- Macinee Flip Flops – Nine West
- Floral Sunglasses – Amazon
Obviously, I just can’t help myself, and there is a little bit of black in this featured group, but much much less than usual. When I saw that floral ear cuff in the middle? I almost died, it’s so gorgeous and the perfect option for days when a traditional full flower crown might be a bit oppressive. I find myself quite torn between simply purchasing it or attempting to DIY one for myself so I can have exactly what I want. The safe bet would be to just do both though, right? 😉
One of the things I said I wanted to focus on this year was self care. I’ve been doing a few things to take better care of myself and make my life a little easier. One of the more indulgent things I’ve been doing is taking a nice tub soak at the end of a particularly long day. It started out with the tub and whatever soap I could squirt under the faucet to make bubbles, but as I’ve made this a bigger part of my routine I’ve started adding different things to make the experience a little more luxurious. Below I have curated some items that I would love to keep on hand for the perfect evening bubble bath.
- Fizzbanger – Lush
- Teak Bath Caddy – Bed Bath & Beyond
- Verbena Shower Gel – L’Occitane
- Threshold – Target
- Botanica Trinket Dish – Anthropologie
- Volcano Candle – Capri Blue
- Imperial Purple Robe – Soma
- Volition Wine Glass – ModCloth
- Evolution Salt Massage Stone – Urban Outfitters
As you can see, there are a few items in there that aren’t for the bath exactly. A gold catch-all for the jewelry I am always forgetting to take off, glasses for a beverage to enjoy during the soak, and a pink salt sphere to use on any tension the soak didn’t alleviate. Little touches to make things my version of “perfect”. What do you need for your perfect soak?
I know that today is supposed to be all about couples, hearts, flowers and candy, but I want to get touchy feel-y for a moment and talk about the most important relationship you’ll ever have, the one with yourself. As someone who has had some serious self image issues her entire life, I know that the inner voice we all have can be a real bitch sometimes. I’ve said some truly horrible things to myself, things I would never say to another person, and that’s pretty messed up. It’s taken most of my adult life for me to start to love myself, and it’s a struggle some days.
Looking in the mirror, I see a chubby secretary/part time bookkeeper that is almost 31, doesn’t make as much as her husband, and defends herself with sarcasm and self deprecation. That’s only part of the story, though; I’m also a sparkle fairy hippy with an ass that won’t quit, a group of friends and a husband who think I am wonderful, and some serious baking skills. Whenever I start dwelling on the former, I force myself to start listing things that fall into the positive category. All of that is to say this: don’t let your relationship status dictate how you feel about today. You’re awesome and you deserve something special, even if you have to buy it for yourself. Below is a Me-intines Wish List, and remember the words of the incomparable RuPaul: “if you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?”
- Magic Wand Earrings – Catbird
- Sweet Plumb Bombshell – Victoria Secret
- Donuts & Coffee Milk Chocolate Bar – Compartes
- Jilted Vice Lipsitck – Sephora
- Eberjey Colette Chemise – Anthropologie
- Lace up Ballet Flats – H&M
- Orange Blossom Natural Perfume – Thorn & Bloom
- GBBO Innuendos Wall Art – Oh My Frame
- Sweet & Vicious: Baking with Attitude – Amazon
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!
Category: About Me
Now that we are mere hours away from dipping our toes in the month of February, I feel like it’s finally appropriate to start posting things for Valentine’s Day or, as I referred to it for most of college, “Singles Awareness Day”. Regardless of how you feel about this hallmark holiday, I feel like it is an excellent excuse to indulge in a little retail therapy: in this particular case, a new dress. Big date, night out with the girls, or even just a little something to wear to the office. There are few things that can so effortlessly lift my mood the way a killer dress can. Here are a few of the options I thought looked like pretty excellent candidates when browsing online.
- Adanne Lace Dress – Anthropologie
- Gabriella Lace Dress – Ruche
- Harper Lace Dress – Dress Barn
- Ruffle Hem Surplice Dress – White House Black Market
- Sequin Wrap Dress – Eloquii
- Floral Off-Sholder Dress – Banana Republic
- Queen of Hearts Mini – Free People
- Luring Lace Dress – Lane Bryant
- Laser Cut Tulle Dress – Torrid
As you can tell, I am not super decisive about what I’m in the market for quite yet. I still have a couple of weeks to figure it out though.