Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: wish list
I know that today is supposed to be all about couples, hearts, flowers and candy, but I want to get touchy feel-y for a moment and talk about the most important relationship you’ll ever have, the one with yourself. As someone who has had some serious self image issues her entire life, I know that the inner voice we all have can be a real bitch sometimes. I’ve said some truly horrible things to myself, things I would never say to another person, and that’s pretty messed up. It’s taken most of my adult life for me to start to love myself, and it’s a struggle some days.
Looking in the mirror, I see a chubby secretary/part time bookkeeper that is almost 31, doesn’t make as much as her husband, and defends herself with sarcasm and self deprecation. That’s only part of the story, though; I’m also a sparkle fairy hippy with an ass that won’t quit, a group of friends and a husband who think I am wonderful, and some serious baking skills. Whenever I start dwelling on the former, I force myself to start listing things that fall into the positive category. All of that is to say this: don’t let your relationship status dictate how you feel about today. You’re awesome and you deserve something special, even if you have to buy it for yourself. Below is a Me-intines Wish List, and remember the words of the incomparable RuPaul: “if you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?”
- Magic Wand Earrings – Catbird
- Sweet Plumb Bombshell – Victoria Secret
- Donuts & Coffee Milk Chocolate Bar – Compartes
- Jilted Vice Lipsitck – Sephora
- Eberjey Colette Chemise – Anthropologie
- Lace up Ballet Flats – H&M
- Orange Blossom Natural Perfume – Thorn & Bloom
- GBBO Innuendos Wall Art – Oh My Frame
- Sweet & Vicious: Baking with Attitude – Amazon
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!
Category: About Me
Now that we are mere hours away from dipping our toes in the month of February, I feel like it’s finally appropriate to start posting things for Valentine’s Day or, as I referred to it for most of college, “Singles Awareness Day”. Regardless of how you feel about this hallmark holiday, I feel like it is an excellent excuse to indulge in a little retail therapy: in this particular case, a new dress. Big date, night out with the girls, or even just a little something to wear to the office. There are few things that can so effortlessly lift my mood the way a killer dress can. Here are a few of the options I thought looked like pretty excellent candidates when browsing online.
- Adanne Lace Dress – Anthropologie
- Gabriella Lace Dress – Ruche
- Harper Lace Dress – Dress Barn
- Ruffle Hem Surplice Dress – White House Black Market
- Sequin Wrap Dress – Eloquii
- Floral Off-Sholder Dress – Banana Republic
- Queen of Hearts Mini – Free People
- Luring Lace Dress – Lane Bryant
- Laser Cut Tulle Dress – Torrid
As you can tell, I am not super decisive about what I’m in the market for quite yet. I still have a couple of weeks to figure it out though.
Florida may not have accepted that it is indeed fall yet, but I refuse to miss out on the fun. There is quite a bit of fall merriment to be had, not to mention all of the wonderful seasonally inspired items decking the halls and shelves of the stores. Because I am me and I am forever coming up with ways to be “productive” while actually accomplishing nothing, I made myself a fall inspired wish list. Even better, I got to ogle all of the pretty things and it technically hasn’t cost us anything….yet. Andy did cringe the tiniest bit when I showed him what I was working on.
- Marrakesh Dress – Free People
- Garnet Statement Necklace – Urban Outfitters
- Miss Albright Vanessa Flats – Anthropologie
- Riviera Band Ring – Banana Republic
- Ronan Plaid Throw – Pottery Barn
- UD Vice Lipstick in Backdoor – Ulta
- Hot Cider Candle – Terrain
- Butter London Nail Polish in The Old Bill – Kiss & Makeup
- At-Home Editor Tunic – ModCloth
Nice, right? I am really into garnet and warm metallics right now. Seasonally appropriate, and they tend to look nice with my coloring. I am even considering transitioning my hair color from the violet reds I’ve been favoring lately to more coppery tones. Now all I need is a mug of cider and I’ll be good to go.
Summer weather and the accompanying beach trips always take me back to when I was younger I wanted to badly to grow up and be a mermaid. I may have falling a bit short of the mark, I mean my hair is barely long enough to necessitate a dinglehopper, I prefer Victoria Secret Bombshells to sea shells and I still haven’t figured out how to breathe underwater. My shortcomings aside I do like to pick up the occasional thematically appropriate item (like the OPI Mermaid to Order polish). In honor of that, I give you my summer mermaid wish list!
- Let’s be Mermaids Tank Top
- Skinnydip Shell Bag
- Too Faced LA Creme Lipstick in Unicorn Tears
- Crown & Glory Mermaid Headband
- Silver Shell Ring
- Julep Polish in Aquarius
- Mermaid Tail Tights
- Skinnydip Mermaid Tears Box Bag
- I’m Really a Mermaid Tank
What is your summer wish list looking like?
I know Valentines Day is traditionally a day of candy and flowers, but I think it’s extra sweet when your someone special thinks outside the box and gets you something uniquely tailored to you. Our first Valentines Day together Andy got me a box set of the Sherlock Holmes novels; a lot of my friends thought it was strange, but I thought is was incredibly romantic. We’d talked about it once over dinner, and he still remembered months later. Seriously, I was all dopey and moony for days. Along those lines, this year I’ve come up with a wish list of all sorts of things I wouldn’t mind unwrapping on the 14th.
1. Blogger by Nature Mug, 2. Hug A Cat Pillow, 3. Outpouring Earrings, 4.Fuji Instax Mini, 5. Cloche Jewelry Stand, 6. Manie Pink & Gold Flats, 7. Black Cat Tights, 8. Capri Blue Mercury Glass Jar Candle, 9. Swathi Punjammies
What’s the best gift you’ve ever given your Valentine?