Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: wishlist
“Boys and girls of every age, wouldn’t you like to see something strange. Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween…”
I seem to have caught the Halloween bug this year. In years past I haven’t had much of an interest, but this year, this year things are different. As the Halloween decor has started trickling into the stores, I’ve found myself looking a little longer and pausing as I walk past. I have it in my mind to purchase a few things for my office cube, and here are some of the things I think would look great.
- Go to Extremities Jewelry Stand – Modcloth
- Jeweled Spiders – Pier 1
- Bewitching Bejeweled Skull – Pier 1
- Iridescent Skull Mug Set – World Market
- Avian Footed Tray – Anthropologie
- Glass Pumpkin Cloche – Pottery Barn
- DIY Halloween Wreath – Modcloth
- Ouija Board – Blvckfly
- Skeleton Glass – Pottery Barn
So far my only purchases have been from the Target Dollar Spot, but I have plans. Andy just rolls his eyes and tells me to keep things reasonable 🙂
While some of you might be starting to look towards Fall, Summer is still alive and well here in the Sunshine State. We’ve got quite a lot of warm sunny days left to our year, and I am still feeling the summer vibes. Keeping that in mind, I’ve created a wishlist of items that I’d like to help me finish out the warmer weather.
- Lace Trapeze Dress – Free People
- Rose Gold Backpack – City Chic
- Elizabeth Climber Earring – Urban Outfitters
- Pineapple Sippers – Amazon
- Matilda Floral Kimono – Anthropologie
- Kake Flats – Kurt Geiger
- Haberkorn Sunglasses – Aldo
- Picnic Blanket – H&M
- Floral High-Waist Bikini – Torrid
I’ve been wearing a lot of loose breezy dresses to stay cool and billowy kimonos to keep the sun off my shoulders, and to be honest, I am always looking to expand my collection. After a recent trip to the beach, I’ve realized I really need to get a new swim suit. I want something that is me, but also a teeny tiny bit outside of my comfort zone, so I think a high-waist bikini might be a step in the right direction. Oh, and I thought those pineapple sippers were hella cute, and really, I just want them, summer seems a good a reason as any, right?
In an effort to honor the sanctity of the Summer Bucket list, I decided to kick things off by shopping for sunglasses. I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for; I wanted sunnies with that little extra something special. It is summer after all. Like I thought, the internet came through like a champ and I found all sorts of wonderful over the top options. The price tag however… I’m just looking for something fun, not a lifelong style commitment. Fortunately, there is this wonderful thing called Amazon, and it was more than happy to hook me up with plenty of options, all of which were under $20. Here are my top contenders.
- Pastel Strip Oversized Sunnies
- Blue Jeweled Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Sparkling Geometric Rose Fade Sunglasses
- Gold Accented Sunnies
- Jeweled Leopard Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Royal Pink Star Spangled Sunnies
- Pearl & Rhinestone Oversized Sunglasses
- Two Tone Baroque Swirl Sunglasses
- Engraved Floral & Gold Leaf Sunnies
What do you think? I am finding myself having a hard time deciding which to get, and I would honestly be grateful for opinions and recommendations at this point.
One of the things I said I wanted to focus on this year was self care. I’ve been doing a few things to take better care of myself and make my life a little easier. One of the more indulgent things I’ve been doing is taking a nice tub soak at the end of a particularly long day. It started out with the tub and whatever soap I could squirt under the faucet to make bubbles, but as I’ve made this a bigger part of my routine I’ve started adding different things to make the experience a little more luxurious. Below I have curated some items that I would love to keep on hand for the perfect evening bubble bath.
- Fizzbanger – Lush
- Teak Bath Caddy – Bed Bath & Beyond
- Verbena Shower Gel – L’Occitane
- Threshold – Target
- Botanica Trinket Dish – Anthropologie
- Volcano Candle – Capri Blue
- Imperial Purple Robe – Soma
- Volition Wine Glass – ModCloth
- Evolution Salt Massage Stone – Urban Outfitters
As you can see, there are a few items in there that aren’t for the bath exactly. A gold catch-all for the jewelry I am always forgetting to take off, glasses for a beverage to enjoy during the soak, and a pink salt sphere to use on any tension the soak didn’t alleviate. Little touches to make things my version of “perfect”. What do you need for your perfect soak?
The temperature is rising, and with the emergence of the snow drops in my front yard and the azaleas in the back, it really seems like spring is here or at the very least on it’s way. This time of year always leads to a general lightening of life for me, everything from clothing, to hair color, to mood. Heck, I even wear less make up: some tinted moisturizer (with SPF of course), a swipe of highlighter, and a natural lip color, and I am good to go, which, in hindsight, is probably good considering Florida’s weather is notoriously fickle and at least once a week I’ll find myself stuck somewhere without an umbrella because of unexpected rain. I love it though, it’s such a brief season here, and it leaves me lamenting my hours spent at the office instead of enjoying the rare glorious weather. When I lived on campus while I was in college, I’d load up my tote bag with books and water and then spend the afternoon stretched out on the green in front of the library.
- Samantha Rain Boots – Target
- Pastel Pink Daily Conditioner – Overtone
- Somerset Hat – Terrain
- VonShef Wicker Picnic Basket – Wayfair
- Lace Up Neck Maxi – Soma
- Mac Viva Glam VI – Macy’s
- Summer Bloom Tote – Free People
- Metal Crush Highlighter Pallet – Sephora
- Floral Garden Umbrella – Uncommon Goods
My mom is here visiting for a couple of weeks so I am hoping that she and I will get a chance to do some spring-ish type activities. Things like walking around some of the local parks, eating lunch outside, and maybe even doing a little gardening. What are you looking forward to this spring?
Category: Things I Love