The third box for the Round Two Trials is the beloved Birch Box. I don’t have any experience with the service, but I did subscribe to Ipsy, which is similar, for a while. I’d recently read some great reviews by various other bloggers, specifically how much the boxes have improved since they began partnering up with other companies to design the box of the month, so I figured I’d give it a go.
What I Got:
- Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream (Lavendar) – I am a little torn when it comes to this product. It worked great, probably the best shave cream I’ve ever used, but I didn’t like it. My legs were the “silky smooth” we all wish for, but the smell was a little overpowering and I had to rinse the tub after I was done because the cream left little clumps all over the bottom of the tub. Which was a little gross.
- English Laundry Notting Hill Perfume – Out of all the items in my April box, this was my favorite. I have been on the search for a new, more sophisticated fragrance for the last few months. I found a serious contender a couple of months ago, but after using up the sample, I found out the bottle was $100. This one is only a little better at $70, but hey 30 bucks, right? I think what appealed to me most about the overall fragrance was the balance of scents. It was floral without being powdery or matronly, the citrus notes kept things clean and sharp, and the vanilla added a pleasing warmth. Even better, you only need a drop or two to keep you smelling nice all day.
- Acure Organics Pore Minimizing Face Scrub – I have been blessed with good skin. A bit of occasional dryness or redness, but all and all not much to complain about. I didn’t even bother to try this.
- Au Naturale Cosmetic Trio (Lovely) – While this sample pack was pretty cute, it wasn’t the easiest to use. The lipstick and blush were solidly okay, even if they weren’t my first choice for colors, and the ivory shimmer was really pretty with some of the colors from my Naked pallet. Not something I will go out and buy, but I liked trying them out and I was happy that I had the chance to.
- Oi Shampoo & Conditioner – Again with the scent! Like the shave cream, this shampoo was way too strong for me. I could see it working for someone who only has to wash their hair ever few days, since the scent would mellow, but I have to wash mine everyday. The conditioner was better, and I used the entire packet, but it wasn’t amazing enough for me to run out and buy a bottle.
- Oi All in One Milk – Another product I didn’t try. My hair is super fine, and one of the reasons I have to wash it everyday is that it gets oily very easily. I know from experience that I absolutely cannot use leave in conditioners.
I hate to say it, but for this month, the most exciting thing about my Birch Box was the actual box. I really liked the design from Rifle Paper Co, and I’ll probably use it to store something in. There were a few things I was excited to try, but it definitely sucked that there were two samples that were essentially useless.