Don’t worry, guys: I haven’t died; it’s just the end of tax season. Well to be more specific, it was the end of tax season. Now I am sitting here, in what remains of my life after pulling 10-12 hour work days, and trying to find the motivation to start working reconnecting with the rest of the world. Step one, put on glitter shoes; step two, use the internet for something other than Facebook. Before things went completely to hell, I did manage to work in another recipe from my new challenge book. I figured since my first recipe was from the “muffin” section, it only made sense for me to try something from the “biscuit” sections this time around. It’s all about balance, people. Okay, also what I have in the fridge, but you get what I am saying.
I went for the very first recipe in the section, and I was very, very pleased with the results. So was Andy. And Stanley who got up on the stove and ate the top off of a biscuit or two before we caught him.
- I only have one teeny issue with this recipe: I had to add a splash more of the cream than it called for, since I just couldn’t get the mixture so come together the way it was supposed to. This led to just a bit over-mixing, which the recipe warns you about. I think with a couple more tries, I will have this down perfectly, and I will be able throw together a batch in next to no time. Andy is already counting the days until he can say goodbye to the canned biscuits forever 🙂