Hello friends! As the summer solstice looms closer, our daily routines change to accommodate the higher temperature, the sunshine, and, if you live in the south, the humidity. Since Florida hits “summer” by mid April, I’ve been assembling my line up for a while now and I wanted to share some of the items that I have enthusiastically added to may daily routine.
1. Native Deodorant – a friend of mine turned me onto Native products earlier this year and so far I’ve tried their body wash and deodorant. The body wash is perfectly fine, but I am kind of obsessed with the deodorant. I’ve tried four of the different scent options so far. My current favorite is the Coconut Vanilla, which is perfect for summer. It might seem a little strange to be so into deodorant, but it’s something we use daily and finding a product that I enjoy using vs. merely tolerate? It’s really nice. I’ve actually gifted a few to friends and family. Bonus, they make small travel size deodorants so you can get a few minis to find which scent is best for you.
2. Quay Australia “My Girl” Sunglasses – these sunnies were in my spring my Fab Fit Fun box (I now have a subscription to the service) and I am kind of in love. I have never NEVER purchased sunglasses that cost more than $20 and I honestly thought that pricier frames were kind of a scam. I was wrong, so wrong. These bad boys retail for $55, more than my entire Fab Fit Fun box, and if they broke tomorrow, I would replace them without batting an eye. I have so many funky pairs of sunnies, but I have been using them less and less because these are so comfortable and pretty much everything I could ever want out of a great pair of sunglasses. I’ve let other people try them on and I think I’ve actually convinced 3(ish) people to get their own pair. I really should be getting some sort of commission at this point.
3. Dr. Brandt No More Baggage – I have had issues with undereye pretty much my entire life, but things escalated after I turned 30 and I had to start caking on the concealer and foundation just to look “normal”. This item also showed up in my spring Fab Fit Fun box and after a week there was a noticeable difference. I’ve been using it for almost two months now and I no longer use concealer on my under eyes. I still put on a bit of foundation, but only because I am putting it on the rest of my face anyway. Now I am not going to say that it has removed ALL of the discoloration and puffiness, but it is mostly gone.
4. Neutrogena Age Shield Face – my mother in law put one of these in my Christmas stocking this year and I was neither pleased nor displeased to get it. I mean, I am super pale and sunscreen is always a good idea, but I didn’t really need something like this in my daily routine. Fast forward to a couple of months ago where the skin on my face was inexplicably dry and I was trying EVERYTHING to fix it. I tried this because nothing in my drawer was working and it’s been fantastic. I put it on my face right after I shower and let it soak in for about 15 minutes before putting on makeup and my skin hasn’t looked this good in years.
5. Wet Brush Silver Swirl Detangler – I have super fine habitually color treated hair and tangles are, frankly, inevitable. I was wasting time in Ulta and I saw this brush that made the bold assertion that it magically eliminates tangles in all types of hair. I mean, it didn’t say it quite like that, but you know what I mean. I needed a new brush anyway, so I purchased this brush basically because I wanted it to not work so I could be righteously indignant and I could dramatically complain about yet another “amazing” brush that was absolute crap. You know what? The damn thing works. I would be mad if it wasn’t so nice to brush my hair without ripping half of it out.