I didn’t post on Friday, again. Because I was sick, again. I think life just finally caught up with me. I haven’t been getting a lot of sleep, my doctor and I have been trying to step down the dosage of my migraine meds, huge deadline looming at the office, allergies and of course, cat shenanigans. If it was only one or two of these things, I’d probably have been fine, but all together…not so much. I did manage to pull it together for a few hours on Friday for Andy’s birthday dinner, but the rest of the weekend I spent sleeping or curled up on the couch, or sleeping curled up on the couch. Nothing says quality together time like trying to play video games with your wife snoring next to you. Like everyone else, I hate being sick. I get grumpy and feel sorry for myself, which is load of fun to be around, let me tell you. Over the years, I’ve discover certain things that make the situation a little more bearable. As soon as I start to feel poorly Andy pulls out the list and battens down the hatches.
Julie’s Mopey-Pants Sick List:
- The quilt my grandpa gave me when I went away to college – partially for nostalgic reasons (it has been on the end of my bed since 2004) and it’s been washed a bazillion times so it’s crazy soft and snuggly.
- My pillow – not a throw pillow, or any other pillow in the house, MY pillow, with a clean cotton pillow case.
- Apple Juice – I don’t know why, but I always want it.
- Cold water – To stay hydrated
- A very large glass with a very long straw – Large heavy glass because it holds more and it’s harder to knock over. Straw so I don’t have to unfold myself from whatever strange ball I’ve curled into.
- Make the house as dark and cool as possible – perfect habitat for sleeping and hiding under/in lots of blankets.
- Yoga pants and tank top – preferable that I’ve owned for a while. Soft and stretchy, they allow me to comfortably fold myself into the aforementioned strange ball.
- Easy entertainment – A book or movie that I’ve seen/read before so I find it distracting enough to keep me from dwelling on how bad I feel, but I won’t be upset if I fall sleep and miss something.
So that’s my list, a little silly, but it works. On an unrelated note: Octavian is doing much better, he is at the vet today so they can do a glucose curve. Basically they’ll give him his morning food and insulin and then draw blood every two hours to make sure his levels don’t dramatically drop or spike. If everything works out, we can keep him on his current regiment, if not they’ll have to adjust his dosage and probably do this again in a week. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Image from here.