Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: bath
One of the things I said I wanted to focus on this year was self care. I’ve been doing a few things to take better care of myself and make my life a little easier. One of the more indulgent things I’ve been doing is taking a nice tub soak at the end of a particularly long day. It started out with the tub and whatever soap I could squirt under the faucet to make bubbles, but as I’ve made this a bigger part of my routine I’ve started adding different things to make the experience a little more luxurious. Below I have curated some items that I would love to keep on hand for the perfect evening bubble bath.
- Fizzbanger – Lush
- Teak Bath Caddy – Bed Bath & Beyond
- Verbena Shower Gel – L’Occitane
- Threshold – Target
- Botanica Trinket Dish – Anthropologie
- Volcano Candle – Capri Blue
- Imperial Purple Robe – Soma
- Volition Wine Glass – ModCloth
- Evolution Salt Massage Stone – Urban Outfitters
As you can see, there are a few items in there that aren’t for the bath exactly. A gold catch-all for the jewelry I am always forgetting to take off, glasses for a beverage to enjoy during the soak, and a pink salt sphere to use on any tension the soak didn’t alleviate. Little touches to make things my version of “perfect”. What do you need for your perfect soak?
My name is Julie, and I have a problem: I have a Lush addiction. It started out small, a bath bomb here and there, and then I started using the shower jellies. Before I knew it, I was forcing my friends and family to let me stop and shop every time we passed a store. I lost the ability to merely browse. Every in-store trip ended with one of their brown paper bags and a handful of samples. When I realized that I had caches of products stashed in both the guest and master bathrooms, I knew I had a problem.
Sadly, I am only slightly embellishing the situation. Lush is a great company; their products are cruelty free and vegan. I dearly wish we had one locally, so I could work there part time and get an employee discount. I’ve introduced many of my friends and family members to the wonder of their products, and now I am going to share a few favorite items with you.
1. Woosh Shower Jellie – One of my favorite products to use on those dreary hard to get moving mornings. The bright teal zingy citrus blend gives me the kick I need to knock that last bit of sleepy out of my head and get started with all that annoying adulting that the work week demands.
2.Beautiful Shower Gel – This is my go-to in the summer months. Rich lather, slightly fruity with a hint of spice; I get the moisturizing I need, and it leaves my skin softly scented. I was really impressed with how well this stuff works: I only need a dollop the size of a quarter to wash my entire body.
3. Fizzbanger Bath Bomb – My second favorite bath bomb. The cinnamon toffee scent is absolutely perfect for fall or winter, or when you want to crank down the thermostat and pretend that it’s fall or winter. Usually, the use of this bath bomb is accompanied by a mug of tea.
4. Dragon’s Egg Bath Bomb – My favorite bath bomb. I try to keep at least two of these in the house at any time. The citrus scent is perfect for any time of year, and the confetti makes every bath feel like something special. This is my go-to recommendation for any first time bath bomb user.
4. New! Shampoo Bar – Occasionally, when I am under larger amounts of stress, my hair will start falling out. Not an ideal situation for anyone, but it’s even worse when you’re a woman. I picked this bar up during some major work drama last year, and it really did help encourage new growth and made the rest of my hair feel and look thicker. Fortunately, I haven’t needed it in a while, but I will be express shipping a bar to Tallahassee if I ever do.
5. Shimmy Shimmy Sparkle Bar – This was an impulse buy that worked out incredibly well. On my last trip, I complemented the girl behind the counter on the shimmer she had on her arms and chest. She told me about the bar and then let me try a sample piece. I was delighted with the soft lavender scent and with how soft my skin was (with none of that greasy residue that we all hate). Granted, I can’t really wear it to the office, but it is fun on the weekends.
If you aren’t already a Lush enthusiast, check out the store nearest to you or the company website. If you are, I’d love to hear about which products you love best.