Posts by month
Posts by category
Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: gift list
I started baking as a way to cope with stress a few years back. It’s creative, it’s involved, and the finished results can be used to brighten someone else’s day. You know, providing everything works out and the end results are edible. All bakers have an off day or two. When giving baking inspired gifts, I like to follow one of two tracks. The first, I gift better versions of items I know the person already uses and loves. The second is find something that will make their bakes of choice easier – fun gadgets and the like.
- Silicone Pie Crust Shield – William Sonoma
- Jubilee Loaf Pan – William Sonoma
- Marble & Glass Cake Cloche – Terrain
- Garden Measuring Mug – Terrain
- Petalpress Rolling Pin – Anthropologie
- Gilded Botany Apron – Anthropologie
- The Hot That Count Oven Mit – Mod Cloth
- KitchenAid Mixer – Amazon
- Harvest Bakeware – Walmart
If you’re still feeling confounded by the prospect of shopping for your baker, remember there are plenty of stores that have kitchen sections. A quirky oven mitt and a gift card are always the right size 😉
This gift guide is dedicated to the girl who loves to stand at the edge of the sea while the sun sets and the wind blows her hair back. Who has a travel list a mile long. Who spends as much time barefoot as she possibly can. Or… for the girl who just wants to look like she enjoys those things 😉 The bohemian aesthetic has always been one I felt incredibly drawn to. It’s a modern way to feel like a princess from a fairytale in a far away exotic land. Plus, there is the environmental element that has infused itself into a lot more of the “hippy-ish” products. Finding an incredible beauty product is great; finding one that is also cruelty free and good for the environment? Even better. Here are a few boho inspired products that made my little heart go pitter patter.
- Among the Flowers Bath Kit – Urban Outfitters
- Fantasy Eyeliner – Lush
- Leather Gold Foil Journal – Sugarboo & Co
- Kalini Antique Brass Sconce – World Market
- Tiny Dancer Studs – Catbird
- Frida Kahlo Flower Crown – Bloom Design Studio
- Beaded Boater Hat – Anthropologie
- Blue Diamond Slash Opal Cuff – Free People
- Herbivore Jasmine Green Tea Tonic – Sephora
If nothing here catches your fancy, I highly recommend checking out Etsy. There are tons of incredible artisan gifts, and it’s always nice to support small businesses this time of year.
Welcome to the first full week of December! This year I wanted to try something new to me, holiday gift guides. In fact, I have almost a whole week of them, each with a different theme. Maybe a little narcissistic on my part, but each list is inspired by a idea or hobby that holds a special place in my heart. I had an absolute blast making these and I hope you enjoy perusing the selections. To kick things off, one of the great fashion loves of my life: Sparkle. Very few things make me happy the way a little shimmer or glitter can. Rough morning? Put on a pair of sparkle shoes. Want to feel a little fancy? Swipe on some eye shimmer. Giving someone like me sparkle is like giving them happiness in a box. It’s a pick-me-up just waiting to be deployed.
- Vetto Bag – Aldo
- Champagne Drop Earrings – BaubleBar
- Aquarium Glitter Makeup Brushes – Urban Outfitters
- Wanderlust Liquid Eye Shadow – Stila
- Yabina Sunglasses – Amazon
- Odyssey Sequin Low Top Sneakers – Free People
- Lights Out – I Love Nail Polish
- Iridescent Glitter Makeup Bag – Forever 21
- Glow Waterfall Case – CASE.MATE
Now I know many people like sparkle, but hate how glitter can get EVERYWHERE, so I tried to pick items that would have minimal glitter fallout. I hope you enjoyed my first gift guide and stay tuned to see what I have in store for the rest of the week.
I don’t know about you guys, but this time change is kicking my butt. There isn’t enough caffeine on the block to convince my body that it wasn’t really waking up an hour early. On the bright side, my birthday is now a little less than two weeks away, so there is that. I had so much fun making my Christmas wish list in December, that I decided to make a birthday wish list. And I got it posted more than a week in advance (Stefanie). I may have gotten a little bit of grief because the last list was posted after most people had done their holiday shopping…
- Crazy Cat Lady Tshirt (in Teal)
- Rosa Pocket Notebook
- Antalya Coin Collar
- Rosina Slingback Pump (Multi Glitter Size 10.5)
- Alice in Wonderland Tea Party Cup
- Naked 3 Pallet
- Paper to Petal Book
- Cherry Blossom Cuff
- Garden Buzz Duvet
Makeup, glitter, cats and flowers….yeah, that pretty much sums me up.