Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: nice things
I have a cold. It’s summer. Why do I have a cold in the summer? When you have a cold you’re supposed to be able to drink soup and hot tea curled up in a blanket. It’s in the 90’s outside! I don’t want to do any of those things. I’m feeling a little pouty if you can’t tell. But I am soothing myself with a bowl of fresh pineapple procured by the husband, and I have something truly awesome to share with you guys today. From the blog Design Love Fest, I give you the Flower Bomb.
“Kristen and i were talking a while back about feeling so grateful for our friends. i know for me, i am far away from my family members who live in the midwest, so my friends here in california have definitely become like family to me. we were dreaming up ways that we could show our gratitude to our friends and thought of this idea of a “flower bomb”…surprising someone with flowers in unexpected places. my first thought was, “what if we filled an entire front seat with flowers?!”
The How To:
• I first placed one tightly lined wooden garden box on the passenger seat and another on the floor. You want to make sure the vessel you choose is watertight! No leaks. And is big enough to hold a lot of blooms.
• I then filled the boxes with water soaked oasis (green floral foam).
• Now i had to think about shape. I didn’t want it to look too much like a typical floral arrangement so I gave it a full and wild shape that accented the curves of the car’s interior. I think it also helped to have the second box on the floor of the car. That way I could get a couple different heights.
• Starting from the back and moving to the floor I started filling the boxes with blooms. I was keeping the stems as tall as I could so you could see the flowers through the windows.
• I even water tubed some blooms a placed them on the dash!
Images and tutorial from here.