Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: orange cranberry frosting
I went a little crazy at Publix the other day. You see Pillsbury released a special holiday Cinnamon Bun Cake Mix, and I may have bought 3 boxes without even thinking about it. Okay, there was a little thought, but it went something like “Look! Special cinnamon cake! Andy likes cinnamon and cake. I should buy a couple just in case they’re awesome.” Fast forward to me trying to shove the boxes into my all ready jam-packed pantry and realizing that they would be in there forever if we didn’t like them. So, I decided to whip up a batch the week before Thanksgiving, knowing that if they weren’t our cup of tea, I could unload the extra mixes on unsuspecting family members. Plus, it gave me an excuse to try out a frosting recipe from Little City Adventures that I had my eye on.
- 12oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2oz can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until combined and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and half of the confectioner’s sugar. Beat until combined and creamy.
- Add the remaining confectioner’s sugar and the milk. Beat until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Once combined, continue mixing for at least 3 more minutes to create a light and fluffy frosting.
- I was a tiny bit disappointed that this frosting never got fluffy. I tend to like a “lighter” frosting, but if thick and sinfully rich is your thing, this is the recipe for you.
- While not my ideal texture, flavor-wise this was spot on. The cranberry and orange cut some of the richness, and I found myself eating far more than I should.
- Also, the cake mix was really good. It was very cinnamon-y, and I could even see eating it without frosting. The house smelled amazing while it was baking.