Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: pecan crumble
So I broke down this weekend and finally made that apple crumble I’ve been craving for the past couple of weeks. It was everything I wanted and more. Warm spicy apples, crunchy toasted crumble, and the delicious apple sauce that begs to be cleaned from the inside of the bowl with your finger. I’ve made several different types of crumbles over the years, and I’ve taken all of the best parts and created the recipe below.
- 5 medium granny smith apples
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp melted vegan margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup copped pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 5 tbsp melted vegan margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- Preheat oven to 350, and spray casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Peel and slice apples.
- Combine the remaining apple ingredients, and then toss sliced apples to coat. Layer seasoned apples into the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a clean bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Stir with a fork until coarse crumbles are formed. Evenly distribute topping over the apples in the casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes until the topping is golden and the pecans are toasted.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes or serve piping hot with vegan vanilla ice cream.