Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: stress
This time of year I usually find myself struggling a bit. The stress level at the office is through the roof, and it’s hard to leave it at the door when I go home at the end of the day. I start to feel boxed in and anxious, wondering “Is this really my life!?” I decided long ago that building a life here with Andy was my top priority, and I would take whatever job best met our needs, but when things build up like this, I can feel these whips of agitation winding tighter and tighter around me. Angry clients, missing envelopes, irritable coworkers, cranky bosses, band after band tightening around me until all I want to do is sit in the dark and mindlessly binge watch TV for a few hours before I can reasonably go to bed. In an effort to keep the crazy at bay, I’ve been trying to give myself tiny breaks throughout the day. Read an article, scroll through Instagram, click around Pinterest, just a few moments to disconnect and regroup. The jury is still out on whether this is helping or not, but I did come across something really beautiful on Green Wedding Shoes. A literal Flower Dress.
In some of these images, it looks like she grew from the clover patch she’s standing in. It’s like finding a living breathing fairy tale. This world may be deadlines and endless columns of numbers, but there is also beauty and things that make magic seem real; maybe that is what I should be focusing on instead, huh?
Images from here.
Category: Things I Love
I can’t decide if this is a good week or a bad week.
On the Good Side:
- I took Monday off, and got a lot of my errands done.
- My mom and my brother are driving down for the weekend.
- It is finally cooling off again.
- I found my favorite gray sweater.
- We are going to the local park where they do a large Christmas light display on Saturday.
- We are going to Victorian Christmas in Thomasville GA on Friday night.
On the Bad Side:
- The new bosses are scrambling to get everything ready for the official merger on January 1st.
- I have an orthodontist visit today and a doctor’s appointment tomorrow.
- Andy and I still need to do some major house cleaning and grocery shopping before everyone gets here.
Okay, seeing it all written out like that, I guess the week isn’t so bad. The holidays have just seemed so hurried this year. The last couple of months have been really crazy for Andy and I work wise, and with all the random deadlines it feels like we’re so busy working that we’re missing out on the best part of the year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the next two weeks will be different. Today, I am going to see if I can get Andy to turn off his phone for a little bit so we can grab coffee at our favorite place and maybe take a walk around the lake.
Image from here.