Posts by month
Posts by category
Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: wish list
The only thing better than a little bit of sparkle and shine this time of year is a lot of sparkle and shine. With Thanksgiving a scant week away, there is still a bit of time to pick up something special for your table. This year I am finding myself very inspired by items with a lovely warm golden tone. Here are some of my favorites.
- Gold Antler Place Card Holder – Pottery Barn
- Hurricane Glass Candle Holder – Crate & Barrel
- Gold Magnolia Garland – Crate & Barrel
- Dorota Highball Glasses – Anthropologie
- Herb Garden Napkin Rings – Terrain
- Mimira Dinner Plates – Anthropologie
- Gold Twig Flatware – World Market
- Brass & Glass Globe Centerpiece – West Elm
- Oak Branch Candle Holder – H&M
The other thing I like about these pieces is that they aren’t holiday specific – they’re all things that can be utilized throughout the year. I’m generally willing to spend a bit more on something if I feel like I can get plenty of use out of it.
You can’t tame the spirit of someone who has magic in their veins
I have forever had a fascination with witches and not the green wart-nosed variety. The mysterious empowered women who live by their own code and care not for the whims of society. When I was younger I consumed book about these women by the dozen, not really believing, but secretly hoping that I would discover some latent magically ability, but alas the only thing I have been able achieve is a bit of kitchen witchery with my bakes and DIYs. Unsurprisingly, witch-y wear is something I found myself drawn to year round, but I must admit the siren call of mystically and magically inspired items is especially strong this time of year. Like last year, I have assembled a wishlist of some of the items I am finding especially haunting.
- Red Burnout Velvet Chiffon Kimono – Torrid
- Practical Magic Black Soap – The Alabama Pecan Co
- Black Orchid Polish – ILNP
- Blaze Open Toe Bootie – Kurt Keiger
- Raw Garnet Cuff Bracelet – The House of Minerals
- Blood Moon Crystal Hair Co – Foxwood Forrest
- Waxing Opal Ear Climbers – Villa Sorgenfrei
- Black Metal Lipstick Bundle – Black Moon Cosmetics
- Black Overlay Jumpsuit – City Chic
“Boys and girls of every age, wouldn’t you like to see something strange. Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween…”
I seem to have caught the Halloween bug this year. In years past I haven’t had much of an interest, but this year, this year things are different. As the Halloween decor has started trickling into the stores, I’ve found myself looking a little longer and pausing as I walk past. I have it in my mind to purchase a few things for my office cube, and here are some of the things I think would look great.
- Go to Extremities Jewelry Stand – Modcloth
- Jeweled Spiders – Pier 1
- Bewitching Bejeweled Skull – Pier 1
- Iridescent Skull Mug Set – World Market
- Avian Footed Tray – Anthropologie
- Glass Pumpkin Cloche – Pottery Barn
- DIY Halloween Wreath – Modcloth
- Ouija Board – Blvckfly
- Skeleton Glass – Pottery Barn
So far my only purchases have been from the Target Dollar Spot, but I have plans. Andy just rolls his eyes and tells me to keep things reasonable 🙂
While some of you might be starting to look towards Fall, Summer is still alive and well here in the Sunshine State. We’ve got quite a lot of warm sunny days left to our year, and I am still feeling the summer vibes. Keeping that in mind, I’ve created a wishlist of items that I’d like to help me finish out the warmer weather.
- Lace Trapeze Dress – Free People
- Rose Gold Backpack – City Chic
- Elizabeth Climber Earring – Urban Outfitters
- Pineapple Sippers – Amazon
- Matilda Floral Kimono – Anthropologie
- Kake Flats – Kurt Geiger
- Haberkorn Sunglasses – Aldo
- Picnic Blanket – H&M
- Floral High-Waist Bikini – Torrid
I’ve been wearing a lot of loose breezy dresses to stay cool and billowy kimonos to keep the sun off my shoulders, and to be honest, I am always looking to expand my collection. After a recent trip to the beach, I’ve realized I really need to get a new swim suit. I want something that is me, but also a teeny tiny bit outside of my comfort zone, so I think a high-waist bikini might be a step in the right direction. Oh, and I thought those pineapple sippers were hella cute, and really, I just want them, summer seems a good a reason as any, right?
In an effort to honor the sanctity of the Summer Bucket list, I decided to kick things off by shopping for sunglasses. I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for; I wanted sunnies with that little extra something special. It is summer after all. Like I thought, the internet came through like a champ and I found all sorts of wonderful over the top options. The price tag however… I’m just looking for something fun, not a lifelong style commitment. Fortunately, there is this wonderful thing called Amazon, and it was more than happy to hook me up with plenty of options, all of which were under $20. Here are my top contenders.
- Pastel Strip Oversized Sunnies
- Blue Jeweled Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Sparkling Geometric Rose Fade Sunglasses
- Gold Accented Sunnies
- Jeweled Leopard Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Royal Pink Star Spangled Sunnies
- Pearl & Rhinestone Oversized Sunglasses
- Two Tone Baroque Swirl Sunglasses
- Engraved Floral & Gold Leaf Sunnies
What do you think? I am finding myself having a hard time deciding which to get, and I would honestly be grateful for opinions and recommendations at this point.