Posts by month
Posts by category
Tag Archives: wish list
The weather just keeps getting warmer here in sunny Florida, and as the sun shines brighter and the thermostat climbs, I am finding myself wanting to forsake my signature black attire and don something lighter in both feel and in color. The resurgence of 90’s florals has hit me with a big dose of nostalgia, and I find myself lingering over this or that, thinking about the thing I had way back when that looked so very much like it. So many items in fact, I decided to put together a little wishlist and share it with you guys.
- Floral Twist Bikini Top & Bottom – Torrid
- Sleeveless Angled Hemmed Midi Dress – Soma
- Bekah Slip Dress – Fashion to Figure
- Floral Bouquet Leggings – Loralette
- Floral Ear Cuff – Chelsea’s Flowercrowns
- Floral Hi-Low Top – Forever21
- Deva Double Flower Drop Earrings – Francesca’s
- Macinee Flip Flops – Nine West
- Floral Sunglasses – Amazon
Obviously, I just can’t help myself, and there is a little bit of black in this featured group, but much much less than usual. When I saw that floral ear cuff in the middle? I almost died, it’s so gorgeous and the perfect option for days when a traditional full flower crown might be a bit oppressive. I find myself quite torn between simply purchasing it or attempting to DIY one for myself so I can have exactly what I want. The safe bet would be to just do both though, right? 😉
One of the things I said I wanted to focus on this year was self care. I’ve been doing a few things to take better care of myself and make my life a little easier. One of the more indulgent things I’ve been doing is taking a nice tub soak at the end of a particularly long day. It started out with the tub and whatever soap I could squirt under the faucet to make bubbles, but as I’ve made this a bigger part of my routine I’ve started adding different things to make the experience a little more luxurious. Below I have curated some items that I would love to keep on hand for the perfect evening bubble bath.
- Fizzbanger – Lush
- Teak Bath Caddy – Bed Bath & Beyond
- Verbena Shower Gel – L’Occitane
- Threshold – Target
- Botanica Trinket Dish – Anthropologie
- Volcano Candle – Capri Blue
- Imperial Purple Robe – Soma
- Volition Wine Glass – ModCloth
- Evolution Salt Massage Stone – Urban Outfitters
As you can see, there are a few items in there that aren’t for the bath exactly. A gold catch-all for the jewelry I am always forgetting to take off, glasses for a beverage to enjoy during the soak, and a pink salt sphere to use on any tension the soak didn’t alleviate. Little touches to make things my version of “perfect”. What do you need for your perfect soak?
I know that today is supposed to be all about couples, hearts, flowers and candy, but I want to get touchy feel-y for a moment and talk about the most important relationship you’ll ever have, the one with yourself. As someone who has had some serious self image issues her entire life, I know that the inner voice we all have can be a real bitch sometimes. I’ve said some truly horrible things to myself, things I would never say to another person, and that’s pretty messed up. It’s taken most of my adult life for me to start to love myself, and it’s a struggle some days.
Looking in the mirror, I see a chubby secretary/part time bookkeeper that is almost 31, doesn’t make as much as her husband, and defends herself with sarcasm and self deprecation. That’s only part of the story, though; I’m also a sparkle fairy hippy with an ass that won’t quit, a group of friends and a husband who think I am wonderful, and some serious baking skills. Whenever I start dwelling on the former, I force myself to start listing things that fall into the positive category. All of that is to say this: don’t let your relationship status dictate how you feel about today. You’re awesome and you deserve something special, even if you have to buy it for yourself. Below is a Me-intines Wish List, and remember the words of the incomparable RuPaul: “if you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?”
- Magic Wand Earrings – Catbird
- Sweet Plumb Bombshell – Victoria Secret
- Donuts & Coffee Milk Chocolate Bar – Compartes
- Jilted Vice Lipsitck – Sephora
- Eberjey Colette Chemise – Anthropologie
- Lace up Ballet Flats – H&M
- Orange Blossom Natural Perfume – Thorn & Bloom
- GBBO Innuendos Wall Art – Oh My Frame
- Sweet & Vicious: Baking with Attitude – Amazon
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!
Category: About Me
Now that we are mere hours away from dipping our toes in the month of February, I feel like it’s finally appropriate to start posting things for Valentine’s Day or, as I referred to it for most of college, “Singles Awareness Day”. Regardless of how you feel about this hallmark holiday, I feel like it is an excellent excuse to indulge in a little retail therapy: in this particular case, a new dress. Big date, night out with the girls, or even just a little something to wear to the office. There are few things that can so effortlessly lift my mood the way a killer dress can. Here are a few of the options I thought looked like pretty excellent candidates when browsing online.
- Adanne Lace Dress – Anthropologie
- Gabriella Lace Dress – Ruche
- Harper Lace Dress – Dress Barn
- Ruffle Hem Surplice Dress – White House Black Market
- Sequin Wrap Dress – Eloquii
- Floral Off-Sholder Dress – Banana Republic
- Queen of Hearts Mini – Free People
- Luring Lace Dress – Lane Bryant
- Laser Cut Tulle Dress – Torrid
As you can tell, I am not super decisive about what I’m in the market for quite yet. I still have a couple of weeks to figure it out though.
Florida may not have accepted that it is indeed fall yet, but I refuse to miss out on the fun. There is quite a bit of fall merriment to be had, not to mention all of the wonderful seasonally inspired items decking the halls and shelves of the stores. Because I am me and I am forever coming up with ways to be “productive” while actually accomplishing nothing, I made myself a fall inspired wish list. Even better, I got to ogle all of the pretty things and it technically hasn’t cost us anything….yet. Andy did cringe the tiniest bit when I showed him what I was working on.
- Marrakesh Dress – Free People
- Garnet Statement Necklace – Urban Outfitters
- Miss Albright Vanessa Flats – Anthropologie
- Riviera Band Ring – Banana Republic
- Ronan Plaid Throw – Pottery Barn
- UD Vice Lipstick in Backdoor – Ulta
- Hot Cider Candle – Terrain
- Butter London Nail Polish in The Old Bill – Kiss & Makeup
- At-Home Editor Tunic – ModCloth
Nice, right? I am really into garnet and warm metallics right now. Seasonally appropriate, and they tend to look nice with my coloring. I am even considering transitioning my hair color from the violet reds I’ve been favoring lately to more coppery tones. Now all I need is a mug of cider and I’ll be good to go.